Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using multiple soft-CAMs

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfg View Post
    Thanks guys for the comments, with regards to Walt "What happened to presumed Innocent" but for the other more helpful comments seems I need to bone up on OSCAM
    WG
    Too many saying service and meaning server. Oscam is a great cam to use. Enjoy.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Oscam is boss, the hidden features are frightening...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Oscam is boss, the hidden features are frightening...
    It looks like you cracked it mate, don't suppose you could write up a super easy to follow guide could you please ?
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Depends on what you want the guide to do, most people want it to do the dark illegal stuff, I too tried it many times and gave up, but then I found a basic working config on here, started with that and via the webif added bits, tried more, and found more, and yes once you start to get more advanced you can specify which individual channels are sent to which of your cards.

Title
    Thanks
    OK so I'm convinced OSCAM is the way to go. Next question could someone point me in the direction of an idiots guide to OSCAM.
    Would be most grateful. Or is it just a question of troll the interweb

Title
    Thanks
    why don't you use mgcamd 135a to run all your services put a cccam list in your mgcamd folder & edit newcamd list works perfect

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    OSCAM isn't for idiots, that's for sure.
    Best start on
    Code:
    http://www.streamboard.tv/oscam/
    where you can find all your answers. But it will take some time to get yourself acquainted to the guts of Oscam.

Anyway: our forum isn't the right place to ask.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    OK point taken but thanks for the help.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Install from feeds
    In etc/tuxbox/config create the 3 files from this post and fill in your own info where appropriate
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post294116
    Restart cam and away you go, now read how to log into webif so you can edit add settings, read the stream board and knock yourself out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

Walt (08-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    It looks like you cracked it mate, don't suppose you could write up a super easy to follow guide could you please ?
    Also worth having a look at my post here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-after-standby

A few points worth noting:
    In the oscam.conf file - [dvbapi] section, you might want to change the User from mubbashir to something different.
    In the oscam.conf file - [webif] section, you may want to change the httpuser / httppwd to something different. This is what you'll use to log in to OSCAM from your web browser.
    In the oscam.conf file - [webif] section, you may need to change httpallowed from 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.255 if your box ip address is not within the 192.168.0.x range
    In the oscam.user file - [account] section, you will want to change the User from mubbashir to the username you specified in the oscam.conf file above
    In the oscam.user file - [account] section, you will want to change the Pwd to something different. This password is only really relevant when other readers are connecting to this OSCAM. I can't really say any more than that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12