Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Update Problem

Title
    Thanks

Update Problem

Last update combo 3t got stuck on automatic update , and wasnt updating the box was stuck for over halve hour
    so then used the sandisk cruzer usb box didnt reconise that so binned 32gig usb cruzer..used another usb that worked.

now latest apollo update green light so i done update now it was stuck again tryed the usb that worked before
    wouldnt work or box kept rebooting with update on usb tryed apollo 078 as when i got box off w.o.s thats what they flashed it with
    seems to be a problem when updating online not via my internet as am on fibre 100mb

Did try other updates no joy
    any help please stuck with no box
    thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Just plugged old technomate nano oe
    and same update apollo 090 as combo 3t ..updated in less then 2 minutes
    but combo 3t is stuck on update

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Why not update via image manager?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barry2012 View Post
    Last update combo 3t got stuck on automatic update , and wasnt updating the box was stuck for over halve hour
    so then used the sandisk cruzer usb box didnt reconise that so binned 32gig usb cruzer..used another usb that worked.

now latest apollo update green light so i done update now it was stuck again tryed the usb that worked before
    wouldnt work or box kept rebooting with update on usb tryed apollo 078 as when i got box off w.o.s thats what they flashed it with
    seems to be a problem when updating online not via my internet as am on fibre 100mb

Did try other updates no joy
    any help please stuck with no box
    thanks
    I had the same problem last night. I bought the receiver this week and got it out of the box to set it up. Came with 078 build so I went to online update and 090 was available. Set things in motion and left for around 15 minutes but it failed to complete update. Manually flashed 089 and it worked fine, did take around 10 minutes though.

I may try it again and see if I get the same result.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have just looked again and in 'Software Update' there is a build 090 but if you go via 'Image Manager' the build only goes to 089.

Title
    Thanks
    I tried to do manual usb not having it seems to be a bootloader issue spoke to a friend who has hes own site he said bootloader
    but theres no bootloader for combo 3t

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same problem. I tried a software update to apollo 090 and it stuck on update.
    tried through image manager which only had apollo 089 on offer? I already have that installed
    on my tmnano2super. I also have the latest bootloader loaded
    Last edited by nairbstrebor; 23-11-14 at 12:20.

Title
    Thanks
    When I seen green light I pressed ok done this before went to do update then it stayed there so I thought
    maybe might be big update I went to cook me meal after a while a long while still on update stuck it did happen before thou

Thankfully just fixed box weird thing the usb plugged in wasnt reconised on update
    it by passed the one i had prevously mounted, bought another usb hopefully when ever this box needs updating
    wont need to by usb ps..thanks for help vix team
    Last edited by barry2012; 23-11-14 at 12:50.

Title
    Thanks
    Updated to 090 from menu and it froze on reboot updated 090 via flash and got boot progress 99% stuck in centre of screen all the time and menu with info bar when selected at the top left corner of screen incorrect size any admins got a comment on this

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulusone View Post
    any admins got a comment on this
    Issue has been reported to Technomate. They have been updating kernel and drivers.

Title
    Thanks
    Just done the couch update on my TM Nano OE updated without problem.
    On a side note glad to see TM finally sort out their drivers for Apollo,no more recording or playback issues since Apollo 89