Vix image 71, Miraclebox Twin Premium

I have an number of auto timers set up to record a number of programs. They are configured to look for unique titles and descriptions in an attempt to stop recording repeats. Unfortunately the broadcasters subtly change the description for a repeated episode and so the repeats do get recorded.

If I'm watching live TV at this time this unwanted recording may require the free tuner and therefore the box changes channels. I now manually attempt to stop the current recording by going into the timer menu, highlighting the active recording and hitting the delete key(RED). This stop the recording BUT 5 minutes later the box announces that it is starting a recording and starts recording the program that I've just previously stopped/deleted yet again. No matter how I try and stop the recording it will always start again a short time afterwards.

How do I stop the current recording for good so it will not start again? I still want to record future new episodes so the auto timer needs to remain active.