Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Engima 2 - Samsung SMART TV Streaming app

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcquaim View Post
    I have this installed on a Samsung Blu-Ray player but I'm afraid I can't get it to stream

It's connecting to my LX3 and Duo but when I hit ok it throws a network error.. I assume that the streaming ports on both receivers are 8001 as I haven't changed this? I'm not sure where to check this?
    Yes.. try it through openwebif and see what you get. You should be able to save the .m3u file, look inside it and see what port is being used, though I don't think you can change the default streaming port anyway!

If it works through openwebif on pc, then it should work through the 'smart' device but it would need the right codec to be able to play, and this isn't something you can add in. Therefore I guess it's possible the Blu-ray player has limited codecs.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edevs View Post
    is this just limited to samsung smart tvs or can it be used on normal samsung tvs?
    has to be a model with the SMART Hub.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pembo For This Useful Post:

edevs (11-11-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've just updated the installer to allow for installation of other 'user' apps to avoid the issue where you can only synchronise with one server.
    The SMART TV app remains the same, only the installer has been updated.

See here for more information:
    http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/10/e2stream-v1-1-1/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pembo For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (11-11-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pembo View Post
    Yes.. try it through openwebif and see what you get. You should be able to save the .m3u file, look inside it and see what port is being used, though I don't think you can change the default streaming port anyway!

If it works through openwebif on pc, then it should work through the 'smart' device but it would need the right codec to be able to play, and this isn't something you can add in. Therefore I guess it's possible the Blu-ray player has limited codecs.
    Thanks for the explanation pembo!

If it was the codec issue would it throw a network interference error?
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanks for the explanation pembo!

If it was the codec issue would it throw a network interference error?
    Quite probably... other thing which it could be, which was a bug I've spotted recently - if all your tuners are in use, and you try to watch another channel, you'll see this error. I need to detect and grey out channels that can't be tuned when tuners are locked!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pembo For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (11-11-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pembo View Post
    Quite probably... other thing which it could be, which was a bug I've spotted recently - if all your tuners are in use, and you try to watch another channel, you'll see this error. I need to detect and grey out channels that can't be tuned when tuners are locked!
    I will investigate better later in the week, away at the minute!

It wasn't the tuner issue as boxes were in standby with nothing recording on either.. It is more than likely not possible on my Blu-ray player then!

I had a thought a few weeks back for a new web interface for smart tv's etc. If the requesting device was a smart tv etc. then a new interface would be shown like yours but only sourced directly on the receiver and the smart tv would just open it in a browser.

It should be possible but it would mean it would be more compatible with many other devices. I contacted the developers of OpenWebIf but no reply as yet..
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I had a thought a few weeks back for a new web interface for smart tv's etc. If the requesting device was a smart tv etc. then a new interface would be shown like yours but only sourced directly on the receiver and the smart tv would just open it in a browser.

It should be possible but it would mean it would be more compatible with many other devices. I contacted the developers of OpenWebIf but no reply as yet..
    The problem here is the limitations of smart TV browsers. They tend not to be able to run flash or HTML4 video (and if they do it's not done very well). The browser seems to be sandboxed so they can't launch it's own internal video player, and even if it can, these api calls would be different per TV.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I got an app working to view recordings. It is working good, but needs some refining before I post it.

Might make sense to merge it with yours Pembo, although a standalone app for recordings playback might be good.

I managed to get the SD video aspect ratio working, eventually, so let me know if you want to see the code to sort that in your app. It's simple enough.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to finbarr For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (12-11-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Wow. This is great. I have a Solo 2 but dont use the second tunner for recording. I will be testing this today on my Samsung TV.

Great Job

Title
    Thanks
    Just tested and works fine. The only issue is regarding the full screen mode as it does not full screen

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finbarr View Post
    I got an app working to view recordings. It is working good, but needs some refining before I post it.

Might make sense to merge it with yours Pembo, although a standalone app for recordings playback might be good.

I managed to get the SD video aspect ratio working, eventually, so let me know if you want to see the code to sort that in your app. It's simple enough.
    looks great - lets merge!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've fixed the full screen issue now...

in terms of movies - I have more than one location, so have been implementing this in the same way I do the bouquets.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    E2Stream v1.2

Now available to download from here:
    http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/11/e2stream-v1-2/

Changelog
    Code:
    v1.2
    - Resolved the 4:3 SD Channel issue to now display in full screen
    - Remote the erroneous return button from the full screen view

v1.1
    - Added installation of additional packages via a command line option.  Pass the folder containing smart tv apps as a command line parameter and these will be installed along with E2Stream.

v1.0
    - Initial public release

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pembo For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (12-11-14),Poocha (03-11-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    OK - got the recordings playback across multiple locations sorted now.
    Need to refine the interface a little more to switch things off when viewing recordings/etc, but it works well...

The refinements will take a few days so it's likely to be the weekend before I can get the next version out.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pembo For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (12-11-14),duoduo (12-11-14),Larry-G (12-11-14)

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast