Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VU+ Solo2 Software Update Help.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John57 View Post
    Andy
    Just check the image manager and I still only update 37 plus the previous version that I had.

Ronand
    I have read post 3 once again and I did follow the instructions to the letter not sure why I lost my old skin but the default skin is not bad at all

Regards
    John
    As I said above if need be go to www.openvix.co.uk download build 062 and FTP it directly to /hdd/imagebackups/ on your receiver then use the image manager to restore / flash the receiver.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Andy

This sound great going to try it within the next 30 minutes would be really good if it works

(John, I have just switched startup to Mac on my iMac and formatted a usb stick using Disk Utility, formatted to FAT (DOS) and then went to openvix downloads, downloaded latest build, placed it on the newly formatted FAT (DOS) usb and bingo my Solo 2 recognised it and pressed ok on the Solo2 when prompted. Will you please try this method?)

DaMacFunkin, thank you for your kind input as well

Regards
    John

Title
    Thanks
    Andy

I am now back home, done as you suggested, got a free USB stick, formatted it downloaded latest image 62 which is now on my stick

I will follow the same back up procedures as you and Pheonix recommended to start with, will need to refresh my memory how to flash from a USB stick from the documents that I downloaded from the site. Do you have any further suggestions before I start?

Regards
    John
    Last edited by John57; 21-10-14 at 16:00.

Title
    Thanks
    Andy,

Sorry forgot to ask did you have to open the file and load only the contents onto the stick?

Regards
    John

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John57 View Post
    Andy,

Sorry forgot to ask did you have to open the file and load only the contents onto the stick?

Regards
    John
    copy the entire vuplus folder from the archive to the usb stick.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Pheonix

Thank you

John.

Title
    Thanks
    H Guys

Just to give you some feedback.

Followed the instruction and tips that Andy suggest, found two empty usb sticks, formatted them both using disk utilities to Fat 32 (DOS) downloaded the latest image on each of the sticks and then proceeded to do the install as per the instructions obtained from this forum,

Preparation.
    1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
    2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
    3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-3.0.658-
    vusolo2_usb, you will see another folder named vuplus, this is your image file. Copy the entire vuplus folder directly to the USB stick.
    Flashing the Receiver.
    – Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
    – Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
    – Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch and await instructions.

Sadly nothing happened, the receiver just booted up as normal without doing the update. I think I have exhausted the help from all that have made great suggestions today at least I have moved from 32 to 37 I will try the internal update once again tomorrow to see if I can creep forward to the latest available image

A big thank you to ALL, many thanks for sicking with me

Kind Regards
    John

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Hi John,

Can I ask why you tried updating... 3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-3.0.658- ?? This is ViX 3.0 whereas ViX Apollo is ViX 4.0

Title
    Thanks
    The latest image can be found here... http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/

Title
    Thanks
    Andy,

Sorry for any confusion the text I inserted was a copy of the text taken from the forums manual, I actually downloaded the correct image and have since the last few hours tried three usb sticks to Fat 32 DOS, looked on google for alternative options for mac and just tried it all once again, simple said the contents of the usb stick is no seen when I power up, I think I will go to the shop and ask the guys just to place the latest image onto the stick for me, I have to get a handle on this as need to do this for myself going forward. Andy, you and the others have been more then supportive I will not give up as its such a great box, in fact just been looking for a new and more sensitive LNB, I see they have a good selection in the WOS Shop.

Kind Regards
    John

Title
    Thanks
    Why not give filezilla a try? and ftp the image to your box? Overcome your fears. hee hee.

Title
    Thanks
    Andy

I already looked at his option went to a site to try and learn a little about this process but I feel this is outside of my capabilities as I have zero experience with kind of work, I would not even know where to start - simple truth I have never attempted anything like this. Just a question to you feel its just down to the USB stick not being formatted correctly via the mac as I might just pop around to a friend and try to format using his PC

Kind Regards
    John

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    FTP stands for file transfer protocol, honestly mate it isn't magic, it's a way of transferring a file from one system to a folder on another system, if you can log in to this forum you can log into your box, you can even do it via an app on your iPhone or iPad.

Title
    Thanks
    DaMacFunkin,

Thank you for the encouragement do you know if we have a guide/step by step to accomplish this via the forum sticky?

Regards
    John

Title
    Thanks
    I Know what you're saying buddy. It could be how the usb is being formatted. The file structure of the usb (root) should be;

vuplus > solo2 > (6 files)

When you insert the usb to the front, turn off the solo2 via the rocker switch and then turn back on, on the front display of the solo2 it will say Update! Press Ok, then on the front of the solo2 press ok and all is done on your part until the box reboots its self, pull the usb stick out and follow the instructions on screen and restore from your backup like before.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast