Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Reciever Locking Up...

Title
    Thanks

Reciever Locking Up...

Vix Apollo Build 36

Flashed 4 Different Builds

Hi Just Before I Raise This With The Sponsor, My Quad+, When Recording One And Watching Another More Often Than Not Locks It Up...

The Light Blinks When Pressing Buttons On The Remote, But Has No Effect, Even Pressing The Buttons On The Box...

If I Try A Restart Via Telnet Using Init 4 Etc. Also Has No Effect, But I Can Access The Hard Drive And Root... And The Current Channel Is Still Working...

Init 6 Freezes The Current Channel And Then Nothing Can Be Accessed, And Needs To Be Switched Off At The Back... And It Also Removes The Debug Log...

I Have Managed To Pull This Debug Log Earlier...

Enigma2-01-01-1970_01-00-23.log

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    A 35,000 line log file is a bit of an ask for anyone to look at
    However, I did notice that you are using a swap file and a networked swap file at that. The Quad Plus has plenty of RAM and should not need a swap file. I see that you have an internal HDD also, so IF a swap file was needed (because maybe you have lots of plugins using RAM), then that would be the place to put it.

Now, there is a problem with playback of recordings (on the Quad Plus and also the Quad) since ViX 025 which manifests itself as glitches in playback, small pauses, followed by a jump maybe 5 seconds ahead. If you rewind and play the same section again it will be ok. The problem is caused by a Gigablue driver which uses up available memory. The only (temporary) cure is to shut the box down and restart. Possibly, as you seem to have swap enabled, it is trying to use the network drive as extra RAM and slowing down completely. The other solution, which I have adopted, is to go back to an image copy of ViX 023. This works fine for me, but I have no access now to additional plugins as they are no longer available. I'm waiting for Gigablue to release a new driver update before I flash a new image.

I'd suggest you disable the swap area on that Vuplus HDD which the Quad Plus is trying to use and maybe reboot the box at intervals if you don't have a clean image copy pre- Vix 025. The alternative is to try an OpenMIPS 4.1 image (not 4.2 as this uses the new drivers and kernel).
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

hilly (26-09-14),pac2000 (28-09-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah, It's Actually The Swap For My Duo... Just Checked On The Quad And It Comes Up, But Not Activated... Might Remove It From The Duo, And See How It Goes...

I Decided To Do A Completely Clean Install... You See I Order My Channels:-

BBC1/2
    ITV/+1
    CH4/+1
    CH5/+1
    BBC3/4
    Etc......

Rather Than Sky's Ordering... And When I Got My Quad+, I Just Pulled My Channel Lists Straight Off My Duo And Onto The Quad... It Seems This Is A No-No... I Decided To Scan The Channels Back In Using ABM, After The Completely Clean Install... And It Now Seems Very Stable... Hasn't Crashed Once Since...

Even Managed To Set My Cable Tuner Up (Before, When I Was Scanning It Wasn't Picking Up Every Channel)...

Funny Thing Is, I Don't Experience The Pauses In Recordings On The Quad Itself... But On My Android TV Boxes Over The Network... But They Play Fine On My Computers...

I Was Watching The Footy In My Shed, And It Was Pausing Several Times A Minute... So I Booted My Laptop Up And Started To Copy The .ts File To See If It Was The Recording Or Not... It Was In HD And Because Of The Distance To The Router(On Wifi), Was Estimating An Hour And Half To Complete... But In Doing That, The Playback On The Android TV Box(Ethernet Hardwired) Became Perfect... Not Pausing Once... Very Strange...

Anyway, Thanks For Your Help Fat-Tony...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Ok - no problem. I see your keyboard is still capitalising every word also. You might want to get that checked.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (01-05-15),outrage_uk (12-05-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    A 35,000 line log file is a bit of an ask for anyone to look at
    However, I did notice that you are using a swap file and a networked swap file at that. The Quad Plus has plenty of RAM and should not need a swap file. I see that you have an internal HDD also, so IF a swap file was needed (because maybe you have lots of plugins using RAM), then that would be the place to put it.

Now, there is a problem with playback of recordings (on the Quad Plus and also the Quad) since ViX 025 which manifests itself as glitches in playback, small pauses, followed by a jump maybe 5 seconds ahead. If you rewind and play the same section again it will be ok. The problem is caused by a Gigablue driver which uses up available memory. The only (temporary) cure is to shut the box down and restart. Possibly, as you seem to have swap enabled, it is trying to use the network drive as extra RAM and slowing down completely. The other solution, which I have adopted, is to go back to an image copy of ViX 023. This works fine for me, but I have no access now to additional plugins as they are no longer available. I'm waiting for Gigablue to release a new driver update before I flash a new image.

I'd suggest you disable the swap area on that Vuplus HDD which the Quad Plus is trying to use and maybe reboot the box at intervals if you don't have a clean image copy pre- Vix 025. The alternative is to try an OpenMIPS 4.1 image (not 4.2 as this uses the new drivers and kernel).
    hi im having the same problem with vix 166 the box just locks up and I have to turn it of from the switch at the back, do you know were I can get vix 24