Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Suggestions on a very cheap 2nd satellite box

heyho

Suggestions on a very cheap 2nd satellite box

I have a Vu+ Uno flashed with Openvix as my main motorised setup and am very happy with it. I originally had a Spiderbox 6000HD box which has now found itself in the bedroom and linked to my defunct Sky 28.2 dish.

Thing is the Spiderbox hasn't the best EPG (i.e. wife friendly) so I'm looking at a very cheap Enigma 2. There's a Vu Solo Chinese import on fleabay at £69 which is about what I want to spend. Plus there were a load of other boxes with Enigma 2 on them at around £60-70

Anyone any experience with these boxes and might like to suggest a very cheap one please. Like I say its just for a fixed dish Astra 28.2 configuration. Might want to add a hard disk as well for recording.

Title
    Thanks
    It was me I would purchase a Technomate nano from the forum sponsor it's only £40 more than your looking to spend.

There is no support for clones on here so you won't get any help if you have a problem. The solo is also very old now and a bit past it the nano will have similar performance to the uno you have.

All the other Enigma 2 boxes you are on about at the £60-70 range won't be broadcom processor based and will probably be spark based (I'm assuming your looking at alien/amiko boxes) These are running hacked versions of Enigma 2 software to make it run and again will probably be quite frustrating to use and be a bit problematic.

For the sake of £40 save yourself the hassle and buy something decent.

heyho
    Cheers dwarf. Appreciated. As they say 'all that glitters isn't gold'. I'm certainly not wanting to go down the clone line if I'm perfectly honest

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just a Reminder that this site Dose Not Support Clones and you will not get any support here if you Buy one

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Definitely recommend the TM NANO OE as a second box.
    Nippy as my old VU DUO and is running a USB DVBT tuner no issue.
    It takes internal 2.5" HDD which is handy.
    Only issue I had was fan got noisy but Sic replaced it no fuss..
    Also have a solo and the TM Nano OE beats it hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarf View Post
    It was me I would purchase a Technomate nano from the forum sponsor it's only £40 more than your looking to spend.

There is no support for clones on here so you won't get any help if you have a problem. The solo is also very old now and a bit past it the nano will have similar performance to the uno you have.

All the other Enigma 2 boxes you are on about at the £60-70 range won't be broadcom processor based and will probably be spark based (I'm assuming your looking at alien/amiko boxes) These are running hacked versions of Enigma 2 software to make it run and again will probably be quite frustrating to use and be a bit problematic.

For the sake of £40 save yourself the hassle and buy something decent.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dfdream For This Useful Post:

heyho
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    Just a Reminder that this site Dose Not Support Clones and you will not get any support here if you Buy one
    The issue is that the low end satellite receiver market is awash with cheap boxes. Ok some don't take much to work out when they say 'Chinese import' and the Dreambox 500 ceased production several years ago so should avoid them but there are many with enticing names that seem to be good for the job.

That's why I personally look to sites like this for advice.