Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB memory sticks not getting recognised when Flashing

Title
    Thanks
    i had the same issue till i found out that flash slot on box got too loose to let the pins connect.
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]Octagon sf8008 single/COLOR] 1.5m motorized dish 95E-30W

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    IIRC those files (File000.chk and Found.000) are created usually by the Windows PC utility chkdsk when it is run on a FAT32 filesystem. Out of the box a USB stick will usually have been factory formatted with FAT32 and some of these will also have hidden partitions and Windows software for so-called secure file storage or some other utility. FAT32 filesystem does not support hard or sym links so is not good for the likes of picon files which need them. chkdsk will try and resolve these hard links and will try to repair them, rsulting in those .chk files.
    The strange thing is Tony I did a Full format on all of them with HP Format Tool before I put the Apollo28 file on the memory sticks, but I might have missed that 000.chk file as I was trying so many Memory sticks at the time but why was the Receiver trying to set them up as a Hard Drive when I already have one fitted

I have a 3TB internal Toshiba Hard Drive fitted and a 1TB External Drive fitted but the External Drive was Disconnected when I tried the Flash

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    The receiver wouldn't (shouldn't) try to do anything with a USB stick except mount it. It would only format the stick if you select initialise. I've been using an ancient HP-branded 4GB stick (FAT32) for months now in my Quad+ and Miraclebox receivers. It contains the flash folders for both boxes, plus some other files, including a /picon folder with directly named .png files (no symlinks) which I use for testing basic picon display. I've never had an issue with it on either box. I must get another stick, though.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a FEW Spare if you need them

I was using an old Faithful 4gig DataTraverer fat32 for years never had a problem with any of them until lately

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just Updated to Apollo 32 Iwas going to do a Couch Flash but after I had Downloaded the file decided to try and flash it with my trusty old 4gig DataTraveler and it flashed
    don't know if it was just good luck ore changes in Apollo 30/32 file structure as this problem only really started from about Apollo25
    just scanning for Channels as I type then I will load in my 3 plugin's

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Right here we go an Update on the USB Memory Sticks that where not being recognised on mu Duo2

When I updated from Apollo 30 to Apollo 32 Clean Flash with no Backups I actually managed to flash it from the Front USB Port and the receiver is running perfect
    I thought to my self that it might be just a lucky flash but I have tested every one of the memory sticks that where not being recognised apart from the 4gig Datatraveler with the clear plastic cap, because that has my LX3 Backups on it, and they all work I put Apollo 32 on every one of them so that every thing was the same
    I did not do an actual flash just a practice one just to see if I got the = UPDATE - PRESS POWER that shows that the USB is being read and it did every time even with the 16gig Lexor that I would probably never try again so I am over the moon and it proves that it was not the memory sticks after all and must have had something to do with the new file structure of the updates to Apollo25 as I had no problems until then so all is GOOD

Thanks vix Team

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have noticed that if I format the stick with my Asus Zenbook/Windows 64bit 8.1 and put image there flashing fails. This laptop has only usb 3.0 ports. But if I format the same stick with older Acer laptop having Windows Vista placing image there, flashing is ok. That pc has only usb 2.0 ports.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have not found a problem weather I use a usb 2.0 or a usb 3.0 port but I am running a windows 7 - 32bit on a just recently self upgraded PC with Gigabyte motherboard and Graphics card with 24gig DDR3 memory so it could be your 64bit operating system

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi may i add i got hp v210w which i have used on my duo duo2 vusolo se for a number of years till i tried to upgrade to the latest vix yesterday. however i couldn't flash on any of my boxes, thats when i came across this thread with the exactly the same problem. I can't say why after years of being able to flash with the stick to not being able to, however reading this post i format the stick on my asus notebook it also failed when trying to flash, but when format on my old PC with XP it works so i think the issue is with the asus formating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12