Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ABM in ViX-Manual producing a different result to screenshots in ViX-Manual - Help!

Title
    Thanks

ABM in ViX-Manual producing a different result to screenshots in ViX-Manual - Help!

Followed the instructions on page 20 - 22 in ViX-Manual PDF for ABM and copied the screenshots inputs - but did not get the results shown on page 23!

Instead that page "Sky England - Entertainment (TV)" on my VU+ Duo2 has channel Numbers starting at 12065 for "BBC1 Lon" to 12079 for BBC3 HD & I don't think that the HD/SD channel swap (where applicable) has worked out correctly either.

Am I meant to delete all the scanned channels first and only then use ABM? - The ViX-Manual does not make this point clear.

Am I meant to follow just the screenshots in the manual or just the text? Re the ABM section the text & Screen menu shots to me at the moment seem to contradict each other a bit?

As it seemed counter-intuitive to not select (according to the screen shots) the SKY England setting in Providers so I didn't initially but then couldn't find the Sky England page shown on page 23 so only then selected Sky England & only then found the screen shown on manual page 23 - what gives?

What I am trying to achieve is to get the channels arranged like Sky by Sky channel number (as shown on p23) so Magazine TV guide channel numbers can be used to jump around channels for user friendliness (for the whole household), pick up all possible additional (Irish etc.) channels at 28.2E mentioned in the ViX-Manual - get it to all auto update to follow channels around to new frequencies & add / delete Sky channels etc. following what Sky etc. make available - all of which I understand ABM is meant to automate - a bonus would be to intelligently swap all SD channels to their HD version but on the SD channel number - what's now left of HD that is - ABM can do all this from what I have read but I have gone wrong somewhere - help would be appreciated in making what is shown on p23 appear & work all the way from Sky Ch101 to Ch999 - Regards.

PS have re-ordered ABM provider list put "sky sat eng" at the top but the numbers still are not right "BBC one" is now at 2012 with "BBC three" at 2026 better than 12065 & 12079 respectively - but still no cigar! Must be missing / misinterpreting something - Help! (Please).

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    If your BBC numbers are still so high, you must have something else in the main bouquet or other listings pre-fixing them.
    If you only enable a local sky location & run ABM then, do the channel numbers work as expected?
    Have you looked at the extra options when setting Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker -> Configure -> Setup mode = expert?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

:-) (13-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for your help - it finally got it working by deleting all channels & then also ignoring the screen shots in the PDF ViX Manual & presto it suddenly works - then used your "Sky Black" HD/SD channel swap file - even better.

Is there a ViX menu setting somewhere that I have missed to show channel numbers next to the channel name in the EPG and OSD? Or do I have to use an editor to alter the names (to add a number to the name - but that added number will not then auto-update) in the channel list file?

Also will have to use an editor to add Irish etc. channels to the Sky Black file - but where do you put those additional channels in Sky Black so as not to upset the rest of the nicely arranged Sky black numbering - or is it all just a question of experimenting?

Is there another menu setting (somewhere) to make the Channel name on the left of the EPG light up a contrasting colour to highlight which channel you are on in the EPG?