Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes a channel disappear and is there a recipe to get it back again?

Title
    Thanks

What makes a channel disappear and is there a recipe to get it back again?

// OpenVIX Zeus
    // GigaBlue Quad

This has been discussed by a number of people on the forum "Where has 'x' channel gone?" etc. but I'm curious. We often "lose" say Nick.Jr or a.n.other channel. In the case of Nick it sometimes goes from its usual Sky Channel 615 to a four digit channel beginning 13 - so 1394 or something. Then a week or so later it might come back to 614 and all will be well again without any manual intervention on our part (albeit we have EPG updates & autobouquet running daily at 4 in the morning).

Currently Sky One HD (Ch.106) has gone. I'm sure if I search around the EPG for the programme showing on Sky One HD, I'll find its new channel and be able to call it up. Similarly Sky Movies Premiere HD seems to have wandered off and that was fine a couple of days back. It's not an HD thing - for example all the other Sky HD channels like sport, other Sky movie HD channels etc. etc. are fine.

Manually running an automatic scan of channels and re-running auto-bouquet-maker has no obvious effect (doesn't fix the problem). I'd love to know what causes channels to move about and even better if anyone has a suggestion for what I can do to investigate my setup / stop it happening / or fix things I'd be really grateful.

Thanks,

Steve

Title
    Thanks
    Ah, right. Thanks. Will they ever return? Is this a S*y technical issue or something?

Steve

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    They have changed the encryption system so that you can only receive them with an official Sky receiver even if you have the correct subscription card
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    Ouch! So the market for 3rd party (better) receivers in order to watch S*you is now dead? :-( Sad news indeed.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveharman View Post
    Ouch! So the market for 3rd party (better) receivers in order to watch S*you is now dead? :-( Sad news indeed.
    Not at all, there is much more than Sky available
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    For an average user in the UK with a static dish that is not the case.

I'm actually looking forward to things getting a little more "hobby" based as CS just got way to commercial.

This is why we can't have nice things :-)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Not at all, there is much more than Sky available
    Quote Originally Posted by zoro25 View Post
    I don't agree. Look at what a 28.2 FTA scan gets you: much more than what I have to pay for in the Netherlands.
    By the looks of it many are addicted to Sky; that's the reason they can do this forbidden conditional sale.
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 26-05-14 at 06:41.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (26-05-14)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    The problem is sly have all the decent imho live sport as well then cherry picking foreign programmes that take off on terrestrial tv.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Turn your dish round to 19 or 13, or if you have a zone 2 dish put a mono bloc on it and get both, there is loads of quality HD sports, English movies etc on those two birds.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You Like $ly Atlantic? It was only ever launched to stop HBO launching in the UK, move your dish and find HBO elswhere...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zoro25 View Post
    Precisely - show me where I can subscribe to 90% of Barclays Premier League games, F1 and English films before they hit Netflix with my static Sky dish and I'll sign up. Meantime I'm a Sky subscriber with a GigaBlue Quad who's having his channels pulled from him by... the people I'm paying in order to receive the channels ($ky).

Thanks a bunch Mr.Murdoch & friends. :-(

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Apparently you, the UK-consumers, accept this. Otherwise it wouldn't happen.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (26-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    That might have been true if (a) As a customer I'd been asked / contacted / in any way informed by $ky before the channels simply started to vanish or (b) had any means of getting them to retract the steps they've taken (LOL!).

Is it that the new encryption is forever linked to $ky hardware only by some means, or is it that the encryption now in use isn't (yet?) available on non-$ky hardware?

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    A small fact for you guys..

British people in general.. England, Scotland Wales and N. Ireland..

Fact of the matter is.. Until we all as British people stand up against this.. Then you will NEVER see change..

Only way to get change is for ALL British people to stand up together.. and fight this..

Just one problem.. British WONT.. NEVER HAVE DONE.. NOR EVER WILL DO stick together..

Always too much farting around and squabbling over whats left..

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    That might have been true if (a) As a customer I'd been asked / contacted / in any way informed by $ky before the channels simply started to vanish or (b) had any means of getting them to retract the steps they've taken (LOL!).
    What do you think would happen if all (or at least very many) Sky subscriptions would be cancelled for the sole reason of the forbidden conditional sale? Pretty sure Mr. R. would feel that in his pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast