Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Apollo release

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by femilovechild View Post
    I always remove the rear USB drive when flashing. I only plug it back in after I've finished flashing from the front USB and powering on so as to run the backup process stored in the rear. Anyway, the issue is still there. Without backup restore, it says Apollo. With backup restore it says Helios 017. Telnet into the receiver and telnet says "welcome to openvix for vusolo. Openvix Apollo vusolo" So, it's either a bug or something.

Please create a separate bug report thread for this and it will be looked into.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Had the same problem installed old ipk ts media on usb stick all working fine now and updated to latest

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alexsparky For This Useful Post:

huey45 (29-05-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi can this be updated online from helois as it suggests in the change log or is it better a fresh install using settings back up thanks
    VU+Duo2 5.2.025

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,138 Posts
    Hi,
    no direct update from helios possible but restoring helios backups is working.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

Alanp (28-05-14),kiwiz (28-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Reflash Reflash Reflash if you want your box decent

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    andyblac,

Is it possible to implement Swap HD when you select 'regionSD' in ABM (ViX's ABM)? I just thought it would be good as we are slowly losing all premium channels in HD (Sly) but would like the fta HD channels taken priority in the full bouquet list when selecting SD region? I.e. 101 being BBC1 HD, 102 being BBC2 HD etc. Thanks for an excellent image (ViX Apollo).

Thanks,

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanp View Post
    Hi can this be updated online from helois as it suggests in the change log or is it better a fresh install using settings back up thanks
    While Zeus, Helios and Apollo are technically part of the same Image line, recent changes in the OE-Core mean that a reflash is required, we understand that this may be inconvenient for some but due to prior experience of asking users to fresh flash being ignored, we opted to force a fresh flash by renaming the image. you can still however use a settings backup from Zeus or Helios but a reflash is required.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

kiwiz (28-05-14),nosamlien (28-05-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    While Zeus, Helios and Apollo are technically part of the same Image line, recent changes in the OE-Core mean that a reflash is required, we understand that this may be inconvenient for some but due to prior experience of asking users to fresh flash being ignored, we opted to force a fresh flash by renaming the image. you can still however use a settings backup from Zeus or Helios but a reflash is required.
    I only asked as it is posted in the Change Logs and Update thread

"Images can be downloaded directly from the OpenViX server ( Link Below )"

via a online update
    menu> setup> software update.
    VU+Duo2 5.2.025

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Only way to do what you want is to edit the xml, like i showed you, set your abm up to swap HD channels, send me your xml, i'll edit it and send it back to you, that method has been running fine on my solo2 now for 2 weeks (updates everyday) so i have 101 BBC1 HD, 102 BBC2 HD, 103, ITV HD, 104 CH4 HD, 105 CH5 HD, 106 SKY 1 sd, 107 Sky Living sd, 108 SKY Atlantic SD, 109 Watch HD etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    andyblac,

Is it possible to implement Swap HD when you select 'regionSD' in ABM (ViX's ABM)? I just thought it would be good as we are slowly losing all premium channels in HD (Sly) but would like the fta HD channels taken priority in the full bouquet list when selecting SD region? I.e. 101 being BBC1 HD, 102 being BBC2 HD etc. Thanks for an excellent image (ViX Apollo).

Thanks,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Only way to do what you want is to edit the xml, like i showed you, set your abm up to swap HD channels, send me your xml, i'll edit it and send it back to you, that method has been running fine on my solo2 now for 2 weeks (updates everyday) so i have 101 BBC1 HD, 102 BBC2 HD, 103, ITV HD, 104 CH4 HD, 105 CH5 HD, 106 SKY 1 sd, 107 Sky Living sd, 108 SKY Atlantic SD, 109 Watch HD etc...
    H m8,

Thanks for your reply. Do you recommend me selecting my region as SD or HD? As by selecting the SD region doesn't give me the swap HD option? If you can let me know then I will run ABM again and then get a copy of my xml file and if you could edit me that, that would be fab.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Select swap hd, the XML will then swap back the dark channels

Title
    Thanks
    what 3 re flashes that cannot be right ?
    If its not broken don't attempt to fix it, it could get alot worse "

Title
    Thanks
    Knock,knock
    Who's there Apollo
    Apollo who
    Apollogize

17. The Following User Says Thank You to barry2012 For This Useful Post:

kiwiz (30-05-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Back up Helios - fresh flash Apollo 001 - restore settings

all worked sooper dooper thanks Lads

SteveM
    Flashed from Helios to Apollo, when there's a new version of Apollo I wouldn't need to reflash there will be a pop up for update so I can keep all my settings?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast