Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: ABM DVB-T support

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ABM DVB-T support

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts

ABM DVB-T support

Guy's,

i am looking for a small number of users that can help us test Terrestrial scanning support in ABM, we need a wide area range in UK and other countries.

if you think you would like to help us out, please reply to this thread, and please only reply if you meet the following criteria

1) Have OpenViX Helios 003 running on your STB.
    2) Have a terrestrial tuner attached to your STB (internal or USB)
    3) have or willing to install Skype to help with debugging (only if a chat session is needed)
    4) Have the time to help debug.

anyone with terrestrial technical knowledge would greatly be appreciated, but is not necessary for the beta testing.

info i need from you when replying

1) Manufacture and model of Box
    2) type of tuner and make and model of tuner
    3) Country and area in country

andy.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    No real technical knowledge of terrestrial systems, but happy to help with any testing. Available after 7.00pm most evenings.

1. VU+ Ultimo
    2. Internal DVB-C/T tuner
    3. UK Aberdeen. Durris Transmitter

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Andy I have the following if this helps:
    VU+ Uno
    Internal Twin DVB-S Tuner
    Nova-T USB DVB-T Tuner
    Feel free to post or PM me with any instructions if I can help out in any way.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Vu+ Ultimo 3x ssh108 internal 1x Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home III usb
    VU+ Duo2 2x ssh108 internal 2x Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home III usb
    Country Finland
    Helsinki Capital area

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Andy,
    As soon as a build for the GB Quad Plus (2x DVB-T tuners) is available I will be able to help. In Ireland, with reception from two different Saorview transmitters - south Dublin, north Wicklow. Extensive experience with DVB-T including ability to dump EIT stream data.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok guy's,

what i need for none UK is your provider info if you can find it, ie the name and the main transponder frequency.

i have just fixed a small issue, so you will need to update to 006 once it is built, for uk once 004 is online i will post a test provider xml
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Andy,
    As soon as a build for the GB Quad Plus (2x DVB-T tuners) is available I will be able to help. In Ireland, with reception from two different Saorview transmitters - south Dublin, north Wicklow. Extensive experience with DVB-T including ability to dump EIT stream data.
    please PM your skype ID.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    sorry, been busy, for those of you in UK please try attached file, it will only scan SD channels, we are still working on HD.

please and post your results.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Where does this file need to be saved to?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/systemplugins/autobouqetsmaker/providers

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peterj For This Useful Post:

chaser (24-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok. I've unpacked and copied the .xml file to the folder above and tried a scan, but get a No area found error. I've configured providers with Freeview (UK): yes. All sub options are also set to yes. I'll post up a log shortly.

Oddly, a complete manual scan fails to find any channels. It seems to only check channel 41 for some reason. If I set the manual scan to scan a single transponder, and set the channel to 23, then it finds some channels.

Helios build 7 btw.

Edit: Hmmm. Can't find the log file. Any ideas?
    Last edited by chaser; 24-04-14 at 21:02.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chaser View Post
    Ok. I've unpacked and copied the .xml file to the folder above and tried a scan, but get a No area found error. I've configured providers with Freeview (UK): yes. All sub options are also set to yes. I'll post up a log shortly.

Oddly, a complete manual scan fails to find any channels. It seems to only check channel 41 for some reason. If I set the manual scan to scan a single transponder, and set the channel to 23, then it finds some channels.

Helios build 7 btw.

Edit: Hmmm. Can't find the log file. Any ideas?
    make sure you have updated to 008, then re-setup FreeView (UK)
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Updated to build 8 and updated freeview area to Durris. All other freeview (uk) options set to yes.
    Now I get a timeout for tuner lock error. Logs have repeated tuning and failed errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Updated to build 8 and updated freeview area to Durris. All other freeview (uk) options set to yes.
    Now I get a timeout for tuner lock error. Logs have repeated tuning and failed errors.
    This is what I get too, set to Sutton Coldfield area.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    guy's make sure you are using the new provider, you can remove the old one, you should now be able to set areas. if you still get issues.

tune to BBC1, and give me your debug logs.

looking for this info.

Code:
    bandwidth: 8000000
    code_rate_lp: 0
    code_rate_hp: 1
    constellation: 2
    transmission_mode: 1
    guard_interval: 0
    hierarchy_information: 0
    inversion: 0
    system: 0
    frequency: 770000000
    also need your tranmitter name.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast