Hi Guys,

I would like to upgrade from an Openbox receiver + LNB. I'm pretty sure anything I get will be better.

I'm particularly interested to buy an STB with following features.

1. DVB-S2 HD
  2. Mount NAS storage over LAN (NFS or CIFS)
  3. Mount the STB as a back-end in XBMC
  4. YouTube browser
  5. Excellent EPG
  6. Can display all channels simultaneously from a DiSEqC on one screen

I'm currently looking at two very different beasts.

• Gigablue 800UE/SE
  • Vu+ Solo2

Questions:

It is my understanding that both these devices support the features I have outlined. Please correct me if I'm wrong? I have come to these conclusions from browsing the forum.

With mounting the STB in XBMC: is it possible to watch one channel in XBMC on a PC over LAN while someone else is watching another channel on TV connected directly to STB? If so will this require a second tuner and hence a separate LNB feed to the box?

Now, I'm not a very heavy user but I would like a device that is both reliable and capable. I can just about convince myself to part with the cash to purchase the Solo2 any alternatives?

I'm going to tune to Hotbird13E, wondering whether to upgrade my Smart Titanium twin LNB with the Inverto Black Ultra twin? I'm hoping for better results with weaker TP's, ones I can only manage 45% signal strength? or no chance?

Thanks

insilica

P.S. With all the clones going around in the market I'm actually only going to buy for WoS as I've read great things so please consider this if advising an alternative.