Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EPG not downloading g

Title
    Thanks

EPG not downloading g

My epg is set for daily download at 8:50, unfortunately as the my Vu solo2 was off this morning, it didn't update the epg. So I did a manual download from the menu option. Now it was going through loops of parsing events & had been going on for 15 min so I did an exit & afterwards it show a message of downloading few things. But after all that my epg data is missing? I have tried it a few times but same issues? Any help will be appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Had the same problem yesterday and the day before that. Seems OK now after I deleted the file "epg.dat" and downloaded again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Micci For This Useful Post:

mskhan01 (19-04-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sometimes restarting enigma2 forces a data to repopulate
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

mskhan01 (19-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help Guys, I am all sorted using both tips

Title
    Thanks
    Im having a problem today downloading the EPG. Ive tried a manual download , it just hangs on "Loading data". Never had this problem before. Is there a problem with the servers?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    just tried downloading ABM & CrossEPG on my Solo2 and it seems to be working Perfect and pretty Fast

Title
    Thanks
    I have noticed although I have a full epg on pressing epg button, I am still missing program names by pressing the up or down button. They will show after you have opened that channel, never had this issue before? Have now updated to Helios but having the same issue?

Title
    Thanks
    Update, this morning on update still having a very slow progress on Parsing events,if I exit it, there is no epg? I am on the latest Helios image?

Title
    Thanks
    I will appreciate if someone can help me with my Lraizer autobouquet update on vix Helios please, as stated above it takes forever on parsing events , I have exited after 15 min once? It used to do it in a flash but for the last few days has been giving me trouble?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You are confusing things. Channel lists and EPG are two different things. Lraizers plugin does not parse events.

Put Enigma to sleep with an init 4 telnet command. (You must do this as EPG data is kept in RAM and written back). Delete EPG.dat, restart receiver and then download EPG again.

Title
    Thanks
    Honestly I am not sure what has gone wrong with it as it used to work flawlessly but now on auto update or even manual update it will find 918 channels & then will download a few things before it gets to parsing events phase & then starts crawling afterwards & if I exit it at that stage it will download a few more files & then will upload? I have already tried with deleting EPG.dat file & after restart have downloaded another one but still having same issues.Not sure about initial 4 telenet command, how to do it?

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies for confusing with autobouquet, for correction I am having issues with cross EPG not autobouquet?

Title
    Thanks
    Oh dear no joy, even uninstalled cross EPG & then reinstalled after a restart but still having same delay on parsing events requiring a manual exit to proceed, surely someone will know how to sort it out or perhaps none is interested in helping a newbie ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    With regards to the telnet command, after you log in, you just type the following.
    Code:
    init 4
    EPG data is held in live memory. If you delete EPG.dat and then restart, it will re-write the EPG.dat back to your storage medium. You must put Enigma to sleep before deleting EPG.dat

Post a screenshot of this parsing error.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

mskhan01 (21-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Screen shot.jpg
    Thanks for your help, have tried telenet command & deleted epg.dat file after that but after restart on running update again having a very very slow update at "parsing events" stage, which keeps repeating & have to manually exit it to proceed.I have attached screen shot as well, but there is no error message other than screen showing slow update at parsing events?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast