Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Complete newbie looking at a vu+ box

Title
    Thanks

Complete newbie looking at a vu+ box

Hello, I have been looking at buying an above stated box. I have cancelled my sky contract and am looking for alternative viewing cards. I am not particularly on a budget but don't want to go crazy. Some research leads to vu+ boxes been a good buy. I literally just want to pick up sky satellite and maybe football from European cards. I have the money to buy a vu solo 2 but what is the difference between all different boxes.help and advice please and where to go after for viewing cards. Will be buying from this site to ensure a genuine box.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am selling a genuine vu+ duo, fully working still with 9 month manufacturer warranty and a wd 500gb hdd still with over 4 and half years warranty. Great starter box twin tuner. Will do everything you need. If you are interested.my advert is here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ad.php?t=36894

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Mickyb84,
    the Duo is a good box although a little old now and know to have memory/overheating issues. if you can afford it i would deffo have a solo2, its quick stable and will do everything you could need and has duel tuners. but make sure you buy from the sponsor as a lot of clones knocking about.
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

Title
    Thanks
    I already looked at eBay and every advert has clone in the small print. You say from a sponsor? I will just be buying from the vu link on here. £289 for the solo 2. I will only be watching tv, I want live pause, record and hd. Hdd is just extra storage right? I would not need this for my light use? Excuse my ignorance but I am a plumber! Not a satellite wiz

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    stay clear of the clones as they are always problematic! Always use the sponsor as they service is second to none!

if you want to store a lot of recordings you will need to put a HDD in as these boxes dont have any storage out of the box. if you are just going to record the odd program and delete after viewing then you could get away with a large USB drive.

please bear in mind these boxes are dual tuner so let you watch one channel and record another, if you dont think you will be doing this save some money and get a single tuner box!

all make sense?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The forum sponsor is world-of-satellite.co.uk he basically sponsors the forum so we can pay the hosting charges for the server etc. As for a HDD you will need one if you want to record or pause TV, you could technically use a USB stick but a HDD would be far better for this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah it makes sense. I dont record and store much so I will just delete when the memory is almost full or buy some external storage at a later date. In regards to the dual tuner. I do want to watch and record different things at times, however when I had sky I was unable to do this as my dish was a communal dish? Sound right? Can. Plug the box into a communal dish and have another feed hooked up to a separate dish that I will install. If so could I have the two different dishes pointing at different satellites? Or am I talking complete nonsense? Just thinking communal dish for sky and the separate dish for foreign football?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    either way you will have to get some sort of storage if you want to record anything, i would suggest start with a 32GB usb and see how you get on.
    ahh so your communal dish only gives you one feed. you could have that on one tuner and then get a motorised dish that can feed the other tuner to let you access other satellites with football on as well as pointing to sky 28.2 so you can record and watch something different

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah it's annoying having the one feed on a communal dish. I have lived without that benefit for years so its not paramount but would be nice. I will buy a box and set it up on the single communal tuner until I get to grips with it all then get the motorised dish. Ive heard they are a pain? Can I not get a normal dish and manually move it every couple of weeks when football is needed?

Is the solo2 box hard to set up or can I literally disconnect my sky box and plug the solo ?

What sites can I get tv viewing cards and subscriptions?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    i bet! you could get a normal dish and move it but hat will be more of PITA than setting up a motor just once

if purchased from the site sponsor WOS it will have the imaged flashed.. that's the hard part! in my signature there is a guide that tells you how to set it up for all the important features all in all should take no more than half an hour or so to be up and running first time round.

card wise not an area i am familiar with im afraid, i use a sky HD sub

Title
    Thanks
    josh, you are a sky subscriber or you purchase a sky card from an alternate subscriber? or do they not exist. going to buy a solo2 for sure.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickyb84 View Post
    josh, you are a sky subscriber or you purchase a sky card from an alternate subscriber? or do they not exist. going to buy a solo2 for sure.
    Only sky uk can legally issue sky subscriptions, any other method we cant really get into.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.