Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: zeus openvix awful

Title
    Thanks

Angry zeus openvix awful

why have this changed..i have 2 boxes 1 vu+ solo which as worked openvix for years now all im getting is slow box,wont load epg the old vix was so much better.vix is ace but had nothing but problems on this new zeus malarkey.thogh on my vu+ solo 2 all is fine.can any one help or are any of you having similar problems.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I dont wish to be rude but would you rather we just say " Thats it, The image is as good as were going to get it, lets call it a day and cease all support from here on in ??".

Personally i have 6 receivers and another two at relatives all running ViX Zeus and only one had a issue with crashing when the movie player was opened, it's just as stable as ViX 3.0 and all earlier ViX images ever were.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Have you got a swap file active on your solo?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Your post is a bit difficult to read, but as I understand it you should make a support request @ this sub forum.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    your not being rude phoenix but im pulling my hair out.no swapfile in use.im just going to use the vu+ solo for watching tv and use my vu+ solo 2 for other stuff.thanks

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Seeing as my crystal ball is broken today perhaps you could enlighten us to the problems you are having
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi satelliteguy68, after being inactive for a while i came back to the forum and realised Zues had been released. so i installed it on my TM-twin i have to say it is a really good image and been a lot more sable than the later 3.0 builds. what exact problems are you having with it? i would say do as abu baniaz suggests and put a swap file on.
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    If you'r having problems the best course of action is as rob points out, make a support thread ( follow the link he posted ), make one thread per issue so as not to confuse them, post as much detail about the issue as possible along with all crash logs or debug logs you may have.

Otherwise we cant offer help, as we would just be guessing, and that helps no one.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    why not keep using the old build until you are satisfied that you want to change...just because a new version is out we don't all have to follow on and change

I am perfectly happy with the old build especially with a swap file runs great

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi

What you need to remember is with any new image new additions are added as requested by fellow users which puts a strain on the memory of the STB, so depending on what you really need try to taylor your receiver to essentrial plugins you really need or as already advised and create the swap file.
    You know the solo2 is a much better receiver than solo1 much the same as computers after time with upgrades etc they start to slow down stb are much the same

Prioryman
    Zeus openvix awful is a very strong statement to make and if I was the person/persons ( Andy and friends ) spending my personal time and effort on writing the software for us ALL to use I would be offended..................

Perhaps in your anger it's as a "throw away" statement, but to be honest if your not happy with what he has done with the new image go back to using the old one.

I for one thank anyone involved in writing the image for my VU+ Solo2 as it makes it "up to date"

Just my pennies worth.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prioryman For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (08-04-14),craig.gorms (08-04-14),cwebb66 (10-04-14),Larry-G (08-04-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have only had my solo2 4 weeks so i started with vix3-808 and only decided to try ZEUS on build 09 now using ZEUS 22 and every thing is running great and i will keep updating and use ZEUS

today i went round to my friends to help him sort his PC out Damn i thought he is using windows 8 now i am still a windows 7 person and not a fan of windows 8 but i persevered and managed to fix my friends PC and also his Laptop, OK it took me a few hours more than it should have done on windows 7 but i got their in the end
    some people Embrace Change and some people want things to stay the same like i chose to stay with windows 7 if someone dose not like ZEUS then stay with 808 simples

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nsw9154 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (08-04-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Zeus works fine. only issue is that splash screen looks like a black hole, ie,. like a competing image

Title
    Thanks
    I Think The Zeus Images Have Been The Most Stable Images For Ages ..........Excellent Stuff My Duo Has Not Crashed Once Since The Zeus Images Have Been Used...........Before My Duo Was Crashing All The Time At Various Times Too ......Well Done I Say To All Involved
    VU + DUO + OPENVIX ZEUS + LATEST IMAGE.... SPIDERBOX 9000 HD.... TM 6900 HD... TM 9100...SD.... TM 1500..SD..... AND LOADS OF CAMS CARDS ETC

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky72 View Post
    I Think The Zeus Images Have Been The Most Stable Images For Ages ..........Excellent Stuff My Duo Has Not Crashed Once Since The Zeus Images Have Been Used...........Before My Duo Was Crashing All The Time At Various Times Too ......Well Done I Say To All Involved
    Nothing has changed that would cause this, ViX 808 & Zeus 023, just as stable as each other.
    Zeus has many updates, so maybe down to plugins you're installing or how you use the box?
    Saying that, only Zeus images are being updated to fix any 808 or newly introduced issues as well as add new features.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast