Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CrossEPG error No Valid NIM found

Title
    Thanks
    Ok guys i had this problem when i done a fresh install of zeus 007 the problem was with the tuner i stupidly put Tuner A on advanced with other settings and used tuner B as a loopthrough for tuner A which gave me that problem... I changed them both to simple running at 28.2 and voila working again with cross epg

Title
    Thanks
    I have the exact same issue on vu plus duo. Image version Zeus build 18 last update 2014-03-31. (It's not just this build it has always done it.

The epg location is on USB. The USB is mounted media/USB device /dev/sdb1 type ext4 r/w.
    If I goto setup >system>epg > cross epg > open tv provider and tick 'sky uk open tv (astra2 on 28.2) exit out save go back in select yellow button download now I get the following error

CrossEPG download error. No Valid NIM Found

However if I scroll down so sky uk open tv is highlighted and press the yellow button it downloads ok. It's a bug in the menu.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    How many cables from dish are connected to the receiver? What is each tuner set as?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    How many cables from dish are connected to the receiver? What is each tuner set as?
    I have 2 dishes both pointing at 28.2 at the moment but it makes no difference the download works from the plugin but not from the yellow button if not highlighted on 28.2

Title
    Thanks
    Yellow button is download highlighted.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Yellow button is download highlighted.
    that'll be it then... I'm sure it worked before even it was ticked but not highlighted

Title
    Thanks
    Mine does't work either. I recently updated, and now realize that before i used to have open tv 28.4 (which I used to download from) and now i only have 28.2. Where did the other one go?

Title
    Thanks
    Setting up a new VU Solo ES I have he same issue when using 'download' (i.e. yellow button) in the providers menu. But using 'Download now' in the main menu works

How did you sort the problem, enlighten US

Title
    Thanks
    did anyone resolve this issue?
    the yellow button down load doesnt work for me either

Title
    Thanks
    You have a cable tuner, but you want it to download data from the satellite. You don't have a satellite tuner, so what you are trying to do is not possible.

If you want to obtain the EPG data from the cable signal wire, zap to the Virgin Preview channel for two minutes daily. You can automate the zappping using EPG refresh plugin.

Title
    Thanks
    To repeat what was state in post 20...

yellow download button = download highlighted selection

In this picture, pressing the yellow button will try to download the Australian provider. If the satellite is not configured on the tuners, the no valid NIM message will be shown. Someone with only cable tuners will get the same option.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12