Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Vix's Zeus release!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyblas View Post
    I assume 1channel and TSMedia will work though?
    No idea, I dont use them, although there is no reason why they would not work.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Just checking because if it's run on a system that does not need it, it can and will cause more problems than it could ever hope to fix. cacheflush should only ever be run on receivers that show clear evidence of suffering from the infamous memory leak issue, this only affects the Vu+ Duo and then only a very small proportion of Vu+ Duo's.
    Not sure if my duo does suffer, I was advised to put this plugin on so did.
    What are the symptoms?
    Vu+ Duo --- Vix Apollo --- Magic HD Night Skin

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you would know if it was suffering from the memory leak, such sudden unexpected system crashes with no logs generated.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

garyblas (12-03-14)

Title
    Thanks
    So would you recommend I uninstall and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Duo --- Vix Apollo --- Magic HD Night Skin

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by garyblas View Post
    So would you recommend I uninstall and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    maybe disable it for a day or two, just to see if you actually need it or not, I have had two Duo's my self and neither needed cacheflush.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Garyblas my duo is running Zeus 002, and I have say it is the first time in years I have seen around 30 meg free memory. Infact it is running very smooth. No need for cache flush. I have ABM, crossepg running. Plugins are: ondemand, YouTube and the stock vix.

Thanks to vix team the new core is great. And I guess the new vu drivers are helping also. The solo 2 is running smooth also.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ismailbmw For This Useful Post:

garyblas (12-03-14),ronan c (19-03-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ismailbmw View Post
    Garyblas my duo is running Zeus 002, and I have say it is the first time in years I have seen around 30 meg free memory. Infact it is running very smooth. No need for cache flush. I have ABM, crossepg running. Plugins are: ondemand, YouTube and the stock vix.

Thanks to vix team the new core is great. And I guess the new vu drivers are helping also. The solo 2 is running smooth also.
    Hi,

I just wanted to ask if your using a swap file on this new image?

Also were you using one on the old image?

Thanks in advance

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ismailbmw View Post
    I have say it is the first time in years I have seen around 30 meg free memory..
    Not sure what you want to say with this? Linux tends to use as much memory as possible, as free memory is wasted memory.
    Also how do you calculate that?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    I recently received by brand new Solo2. Worth updating to this new version?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I downloaded the right file for the Gigablue SE from here: http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=GiGaBlue-HD800SE/

Extracted the zip file. Stuck the Gigablue folder file onto a FAT32 memory stick. Powered off the receiver and unplugged. Inserted USB stick into receiver and then on the menu screen it just said 'Boot' 'USB' 'Gigablue'. 'Conf' did not appear and thus I did not press the 'ok' button. Receiver continued to boot and opened up on the last station I was watching.

So I have followed the instructions (as far as I can tell) any ideas what is wrong please?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avi68 View Post
    Hi,

I just wanted to ask if your using a swap file on this new image?

Also were you using one on the old image?

Thanks in advance

Yes I was using swap on vix 3.0 (256mb on USB) and I have swap activated on Zeus also (256mb on USB). I noticed that on vix 808 the duo was actually using around 100mb of swap as well as box memory. But on Zeus it is using around 5mb.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ismailbmw For This Useful Post:

avi68 (12-03-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Not sure what you want to say with this? Linux tends to use as much memory as possible, as free memory is wasted memory.
    Also how do you calculate that?
    What I am trying to say is that with Zeus the duo feel more snappy, Yes I understand Linux tries to use all the free/available ram, otherwise it is wasted. However for me I am seeing more free ram now. On 808 with previous vu drivers after 24hrs the free memory would be 10mb, and cached memory 6mb. Now the free is 30mb and cached is 10mb.
    Last edited by ismailbmw; 12-03-14 at 23:15.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, I agree that my duo seems to work very well with Zeus (.003 atm). However, the duo was especially unreliable when I started using usb tuners with openVix 3.0. I found that Cacheflush was an essential plugin to keep the memory leaks in check.

Now with Zeus I am still using Cacheflush and I am disinclined to turn it off...
    OpenVix:
    VU+Duo2 -- 2 x Twin internal DVB-S2 & DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T (Avermedia Twinstar [AF9035], Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]) = 8 tuners
    VU+Duo4kse -- internal Sat FBC & twin DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    There's no point in even looking at 'free mem' and swap used. Not even very experienced Linux users can get any useful info from 'free'; they would use " cat /proc/meminfo " to get serious information.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AzZ View Post
    It's good that you can produce it too as others have said it's working. When you say it's not fixable does that mean it will remain permanently broken?

I have been doing some more experimentation today using build 002 with restored settings from 001. The reason transcoding wasn't working for me was because of the settings I was using.

Basically transcoding does work (technically)- to an extent. I have found it won't work unless you use port 80 for the Openwebif. Again, if Http authentication is enabled it won't work either whether you use port 80 or not. Bit of an awkward scenario as the purpose of transcoding is usually to enable you to stream with a poor connection outside of the network, but the fact you can't use any other port or password protect access makes it much less useful. I'm sure you guys are aware of this issue, but is it possible to fix?

Everything else seems to be functioning fine though
    I also noticed that transcoding doesn't work when http authentication is enabled. A bit of a worry not having password protection. Is this a driver issue or could it be sorted out fairly easily. I use transcoding quite a lot so might have to revert back to vix 3.0 752.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast