Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: LCD goes blank after a few hours

Title
    Thanks

LCD goes blank after a few hours

Hi Guys.

I have had my VU+ DUO2 for a few days and the LCD goes blank after a few hours and the only way to get it back is to do a restart.

I have looked through all the settings but i could not see what will cause this.

Any help would be great

Cheers.

Title
    Thanks
    I have exactly the same problem - Duo2 with latest Zeus. Help much appreciated.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Mine ls perfect. Try a fresh install.
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    Thanks
    If you use timeshift this can cause the LCD screen to disappear. By default, pressing the rewind button '<<' twice will cause the LCD to switch screens. Repeating these key presses will bring the screen back. You can change this behaviour (or switch it off) in the LCD4Linux settings.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaser For This Useful Post:

dwarf (28-03-14),sherry (03-05-14),Sicilian (30-03-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nandeise View Post
    I have exactly the same problem - Duo2 with latest Zeus. Help much appreciated.
    I got this reply on another post i put up.

"LCD4Linux controls the display and there is an option for double pressed keys. Disable this option and take a look what happens.

With a double pressed key the display can be turned on/off and with another one it can be switched to the next screen."

I have just done it so dont know if it has sorted it yet but worth a try :O)

Title
    Thanks
    I can now confirm the above method has worked perfect. Thank you!!!

Title
    Thanks
    I thought exactly the same thing when I got mine. Not worked out how to stop it happening yet as have changed the move to next screen setting in LCD4Linux and it still happens but slowing your button presses when rewinding or just selecting a faster rewind speed as default will stop it happening as much. A small annoyance to an otherwise incredible receiver.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I thought exactly the same thing when I got mine. Not worked out how to stop it happening yet as have changed the move to next screen setting in LCD4Linux and it still happens but slowing your button presses when rewinding or just selecting a faster rewind speed as default will stop it happening as much. A small annoyance to an otherwise incredible receiver.
    in the LCD4linux settings scroll down to the third page and change the 'Key for Screen Change' and 'Key for Screen On/Off' to Off.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chaser For This Useful Post:

Walt (03-05-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have been having this same problem did a search and found this thread I have also turned the screen change to off I hope it works

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    every now and then the screen still goes blank even though I have the - key for screen change turned off any ideas any one

LCD.jpg

just realised it happens when I press the rewind button twice as is stated in a earlier post and pressing rewind another twice brings it back on but I can live with that
    Last edited by nsw9154; 28-07-14 at 10:53.