Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: jsc

Title
    Thanks
    There was only 1 games on hd6 and +10 @3pm all of the other games listed did not happen

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcm193 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (23-11-13),Mr. Mister (23-11-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is this a one off though? Has it got anything to do with the Arsenal game being delayed by 15 mins?
    VU+ Duo - OpenVIX
    1M Aluminium Orbital Dish
    Technomate TM2600 Motor
    Inverto Ultra LNB

Title
    Thanks
    Well I guess we will only find out next Saturday if this continues but you have to think that the EPL have thrown a major hissy fit by only allowing one 3pm on a Saturday. AJS who have been promoting the fact that they have every EPL match live all season will be very upset with that. I have heard that Richard Keys mentioned it on HD6 today and said AJS were working hard to resolve the problem so let's hope it is a one off. I cannot believe for one minute a massive company like AJS would actively promote the fact they have all EPL games when they didn't, it just doesn't make sense. All that being said the 3pm's on Saturdays make up on average 4 games over the weekend so AJS will pick the top pick of that day. The early KO at 12.45 is not affected as well as the late KO at 17.30 and all of the Sunday games are unchanged so for anyone with a AJS sub you still get value for money in my eyes. Others may disagree but I'm keeping my eyes peeled on the AJS schedule for next weekend to see how things pan out.

Title
    Thanks
    Up until today jsc did have every game hence why they where promoting the fact today they only advertised games on +9+10 HD1 and HD6.I personally think this will backfire on the premier league big style they can not keep on alienating every broadcaster that has these issues at the end of the day the world is a very small place and people will always find away if there not given the freedom of choice.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My mate sent me this email last night, granted its a translation of the original arabic but looks like it was correct.

I inform you that, following a decision of the Premier League, we will not be able to broadcast the games of the 3:00 P.M. on Saturday on Al Jazeera except one. Al Jazeera is granted to broadcast in exceptional circumstances a game on 3:00 P.M. due to the high cost of royalties paid (Arsenal-Southampton this turn.). Al Jazeera has decided to terminate the contract with the Premier League at the end of the 2013-14 season because there are no more the conditions of mutual respect which deserves a contract worth more than a billion dollars."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomthebomb1968 For This Useful Post:

irishchris (26-11-13),Mr. Mister (24-11-13)

Burnham
    I would think they will go back to showing all the 3pms when they can stop them being easily received via satellite in the UK.

They will probably move all their transponders to Nilesat 201 which needs a 3metre+ dish to receive in the UK. If that happens it would mean no EPL matches will be available in the UK on domestic sized dishes in the future.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnham View Post
    I would think they will go back to showing all the 3pms when they can stop them being easily received via satellite in the UK.

They will probably move all their transponders to Nilesat 201 which needs a 3metre+ dish to receive in the UK. If that happens it would mean no EPL matches will be available in the UK on domestic sized dishes in the future.
    I think you are right. There was always a high possibility these were going to move to Nilesat 201
    VU+ Duo - OpenVIX
    1M Aluminium Orbital Dish
    Technomate TM2600 Motor
    Inverto Ultra LNB

Title
    Thanks
    for us out here in spain its not a problem. we get 7.0w off a small dish. a bit of a
    bummer for the u.k. but. i am amazed that the epl did not insist that the epl was
    broadcast on nilesat only from the outset. broadcasting matches from 26.0E. was
    asking for trouble. suprising how thick so called clever people can be. to stop 3p.m.
    matches completely would be insane. there are hundreds of thousands of genuine
    cards out there, being viewed in legaly in correct locations. but the epl being the
    greedy and arrogant tossers they are. will it seems stop short of nothing in their
    quest to destroy genuine fans of their viewing pleasure.

Title
    Thanks
    Dunno where you got that email from, but here was Richard Key's tweet on Saturday:

Richard Keys ‏@richardajkeys 23 Nov
    Can't show you the goals during out 2nd game today. Not our fault. Normal service will be resumed going forward.

Burnham
    I should think they keep Richard Keys well in the dark about contract issues.

The English output that Keys presents has only ever had one live 3pm game - but up to last Saturday it was able to show highlights from the other live games during the featured 3pm match.

The issue we are focussing on here is the other live 3pm games on the Arabic language channels. Previously the Arabic language channels were showing every live 3pm game.

Title
    Thanks
    You're talking to somebody that lives in the region. They will definitely not be in the dark about this. Himself and Gray were headhunted and payed silly amounts of cash to move to Doha for Al Jazeera, of which they have a huge amount of control over (which games are on HD6, who they bring in as guests etc.). They show one 3PM game yes, but they can't be in more than one place at once can they? On HD6 they show all the goals as they go in, which they were not able to do on Saturday because of the same issues which prevented them broadcasting the other games on other channels.

Everyone is talking about MENA, but what about other areas? CTA in Thailand, PCCW in Hong Kong etc. Did they survive the weekend of were they under the same restrictions?

Title
    Thanks
    i would guess that its the mena region theyve targeted. simply because of the 26.0E transmissions,
    being recieved in the u.k. but as usual, little or no info coming from the offical sources. so. as usual
    we all end up guessing what the next step is. give us something to talk and moan about i suppose.
    i just feel that its a real crap and arrogant way to treat the people who put the money into the over
    inflated purses of theese people. and i dont even like football.

Burnham
    JSC would have had their law departments fully investigate this demand to stop transmitting all the other 3pm games. And if they thought they had a strong case to continue broadcasting all the 3pms they would have done just that.

JSC have obviously contravened some details of the agreement they made with the rights holders.

Title
    Thanks
    Yep almost certainly didn´t read the small print.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    here read this.

Code:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2513457/Sky-Sports-tough-Saturday-games-screened-live-3pm--CHARLES-SALE.html
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

doink1955 (27-11-13)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast