I'm the proud owner of a shiny new Vu+ Duo2 with a pair of dual DVB-S2 tuners.

I've temporarily plumbed it into my ancient dish that was installed by Sky many-many years ago (it's been sat unused for years).

I only have a pair of coaxes from this dish (although I think it's got a quad-LNB on it, so 2 are currently un-cabled).

My requirement is for maximum recording flexibility (I'm only interested in the FreeSat services, nothing else). So I understand, in an ideal world, I would run 2 more cables therefore having each of my 4 tuners with their own dedicated connection from the quad-LNB.

Now whilst I could run two more cables it'd me a pain-to-do.... then I just happened upon the unicable LNB option, which TBH can't quite get my head around so I have a few questions:

Firstly does the Duo2 support unicable LNBs

Assuming it does will I be able to get as-good-as flexibility when compared to 4 separate cables (i.e. any transporter on any tuner with no cross-dependancies).

Cable-wise what would I need, will I need to use my 2 existing cables or will just one of them do.

Config-wise on the Duo2 what do I set so that the box 'knows' I'm using a unicable LNB. (I'm currently using VIX and have seen settings such as "loop through to" & "equal to" but don't fully understand those options).

Is the use of a unicable LNB specific to any particular firmware, i.e. will it would equally well with VIX, Blackhole or the native option.

Finally what are the disadvantages (if any) of using a unicable LNB when compared to a traditional quad-LNB.

Lots of question there I know, so thanks in advance for any responses.