Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: A couple of questions please, one about pic quality

Ojustaboo

A couple of questions please, one about pic quality

Hi all

I'm seriously thinking about ordering this box from forum sponsor.

I've googled for information about it and most is saying how great it it, but there are a few that says the pic quality on SD lets it down. These reviews were all very close to when it was launched.

Am I safe to presume since then they have updated the drivers and the pic quality is now fine (needs to be as good as my current Sky box).

I have the 500GB drive that came with my PS3 (upgraded it to 1TB) I presume this should work fine in it?

A question I have more out of curiosity as I cannot currently afford the VU+Duo2,

They both have 1300Mhz processors (not sure if they are the same make)
    Quad has 1GB DDR, duo2 has 2GB
    Quad has 512MB Flash duo2 has 1GB
    Quad has 1 card slot, duo2 has 2
    Quad comes with 100 lan (upgradable) duo2 comes with 1000
    Quad has a smaller LCD screen
    Duo2 has hardware Transcoding

Duo2 is £190 more than the quad.

I'm trying to work out what that £190 difference is in a way that I can tell from my use whether if I could afford it it would make any difference to me.

I only need 1 card slot for when Sky offer me their deals.
    I would have thought 100Mbps LAN is fine for streaming off my PC?
    I wont be streaming from my Quad, I will be streaming to it, any transcoding will be done on my PC
    I would like the larger LCD (my eyesight is crap) but just having one at all is a bonus not a must have

So taking all that into account, the only difference I can see unless I'm missing something (which is usually the case)
    is that the duo2 has double the memory.

How does only having 1GB RAM and 1/2GB flash affect me in its every day usage compared to having double that on the duo2 please?

Many thanks

Ojustaboo
    Ordered the Quad

Title
    Thanks
    Don't worry about the memory I have about 20+ plugins installed on my quad and the performance hasn't been affected. The HDD from your ps3 will be ok to use.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to seame For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    The Quad is incredible ! I had a vu+ uno before I do prefer the quad. I don't see any issue in terms of pic quality and performances.
    The only draw back is the LCD screen mgt that is not always perfect but it's maybe more an issue of the image than the box
    grab -o -p /tmp/grab.png #screen grab without the image of the channel you are watching
    grab -d -p /tmp/grab.png #screen grab with the image of the channel you are watching

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XabiX For This Useful Post:

Toine (03-12-13)