Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Logitech harmony remote, works great with the VU+ Duo

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    No it doesn't, it does not work with any universal remote, there are problems with the vu driver itself and despite an update even the original remote is still not 100% with long or short button presses. I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to find ways round it with no success, unless VU rewrite the driver forget it. I have emailed them a couple of times regarding remote info but so far not received a reply.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

Hoopstroops (18-11-10)

Title
    Thanks
    My Logitech harmony remote only works with power on and off. I want the arrow buttons to work but no luck. I have Black Hole image.
    Yes Maxwell4321 you are in god company with me.
    Last edited by svendolph; 21-11-10 at 20:41.

Title
    Thanks
    Just need to ask what you guys meen with "long press"?
    In VIX you push and hold down the "OK"-button to select another channel without loosing the pic on the channel you are on right now. This is what I call a "long press", is it the same thing you are talking about?

If so, I can do this on my Harmony 895. Also, I had no problems with long presses when I used the VIX image to access the different thing on RED, BLUE and Yellow buttons.

But it seems odd that it doesn“t work for you.

steford
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    I wouldn't say the harmony remote is perfect... Still no way that I've seen of getting a long button press Plus, no matter if I set the delay to the lowest (pretty sure I put it at 0, but can't say I'm 100% sure ), then I still get a bit of a delay when pressing the buttons. i.e. I would press down 5 times to get to a certain channel, and it will only have registered 4 of them...

My advice though steford, would be to try changing the delay and seeing if that works for you?!
    I have no facility to change delay unfortunately. Basically, even to switch the Vu on now I need to press up then power - it just can't handle power (off) followed by power (on) it seems. No idea why!

Title
    Thanks
    Also not sure what you guys mean by a long press?

On my harmony one I can hold buttons to activate the assigned plugins (using quickbutton). I can even do this with the touchscreen ones

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've been using both my 885 and 895 without any issues.
    I had to assign the audio/list to one of the screen buttons as both remote don't have a hard key for that.
    I also mapped the remotes "info" button to send the red command.(info etc)
    To get everything perfect i also added extra VOLUME UP/DOWN buttons to the screen.(to alter the DUOs volume etc)

As for the long push problem.(I haven't got round to needing them yet)
    I have never had any luck sending emails to Logitech, so phone them!
    If memory serves me right, you used to be able to speak to a real person at Logitech who would alter your remote for custom commands.(there and then etc)
    All you had to do was log in and update your remote.
    This service may no longer be available though.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VU+ Zero - Triax TD110 - Inverto Black Ultra twin LNB - Superior DarkMotor - VIX v3.2

Title
    Thanks
    I use the Harmony 650, it has color buttons and works great , but there's an issue with long presses (sometimes works sometimes it doesn't)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I programmed the Harmony One off the Logitech db and I don't have any long press issues. I just can't find the recorded programs button though!

Title
    Thanks
    I have a 515 and the recorded movies button was in the lcd section as "list" and didn't notice it a programed one of the other buttons anyway.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bob1 For This Useful Post:

rob76 (08-12-10)

Title
    Thanks
    is anyone found solution for delay/lag between presses?
    If you moving around EPG you have noticed annoying delay/lag between presses.
    Problem is in Harmony hardware i think, but i hope there is some solution for it.
    Last edited by rassi; 15-08-11 at 16:27.

Title
    Thanks
    i have the harmony 300i and every thing is working like a charm, long press and all
    great remote really

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have Harmony 1100 and it works great. (Although I have to admit, I would happily swap it with a 900. It has all the hard buttons nicely laid out).
    GigaBlue Quad, Vu+ Duo 2TB HDD
    Panasonic Viera 55VT30 and Panasonic Viera TH-42PV60E
    W.H.E.N. multi-room system from Audioaccess, Xbox 360 kinect
    Pioneer VSX 1017AV with Definitive Technology Speakers + Yamaha SubWoofer NS-SW700
    Logitech Duet, Harmony remotes 900, 1100, LaCie Network Space 2
    HP Mediasmart Connect (which streams recordings from Vu+Duo HDD thru MiniDLNA client of VIX)
    (SKY HD+ Box, Kaon HD boxes in the drawers! )

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456