Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: latest sly bouquet

boywonder786

latest sly bouquet

Hi,

Just got my vu solo... does anybody have a dummies guide to loading the latest sly bouquet on.. with a link to the file..

thanks guys

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    What kind of setup do you have? Fixed sky dish? Motor dish?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

boywonder786
    fixed disk at 28.2 east am just getting to grips with all the jargon and what to do been reading a lot of posts on here i think i know how to flash it with vti just curious how to load the latest channel list.... i have read about settign it up for ccam think am ok there, just need to understand how to use dcc or whatever to access the box.

any help much appreciated

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Here's a good guide to send Enigma2 settings/bouqets to the Solo: -

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...o-using-DBEdit

These are ideal for a fixed UK dish http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...d-october-2010
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

boywonder786
    cheers but am using vti image i thought once i load it on it overwrites enigma2?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boywonder786 View Post
    cheers but am using vti image i thought once i load it on it overwrites enigma2?
    Enigma2 is (VTI2.1 image) is the operating system, these are Enigma 2 settings/bouquets, think of them as your channel lists
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Very good setting list. even the Chan numbers are the same as Sly.
    vu duo 2, vu duo, vu uno. 3 sky zone 2 dishes, 19e 23.5e and 28.2e. Triax td110cm dish on a tripod used for messing around. Satlink meter and rover stc eu.

boywonder786
    oh right looks quite straightforward thanks for everything...

just to check then
    i use dreambox edit to load the channels using the FTP
    and i use DCC to edit the config file for ccam

boywonder786
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1978 View Post
    Very good setting list. even the Chan numbers are the same as Sly.
    can u set the box up so that when u press 101 it loads bbc1 , i.e 401 sky sports 1 or will it have its own number eg 1 being bbc1 and eg 89 being sly sports 1

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    oh right looks quite straightforward thanks for everything...

just to check then
    i use dreambox edit to load the channels using the FTP
    and i use DCC to edit the config file for ccam
    Thats it.

To FTP into the Solo with DCC or you could use Filezilla, use the Solo's IP address in Menu > Setup > Network > Adapter. The users name is root and password is left blank, port no. 21.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

boywonder786
    sorry i dont understand that bit what do u mean u use filezilla i thought u just run the dcc and click ont he ftp tab on the left hand side and enter the config file there? and then send it somehow

boywonder786
    i thought u just use the ftp tab on the left hand side of the dcc software to enter the config file

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    If you comfortable with DCC, use that.

You can create your own CCcam.cfg with notepad, the ftp it into /var/etc

To create your own, open notepad > enter your Cline > Save as > Set 'save as type' to 'all files', then name the file CCcam.cfg
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    can u set the box up so that when u press 101 it loads bbc1 , i.e 401 sky sports 1 or will it have its own number eg 1 being bbc1 and eg 89 being sly sports 1
    yes mate, thats exactly what the B16MCC bouquet does. it is setup in such a way that it follows the sky uk channel numbers exactly. if however once you have loaded the bouquet files onto the box you still find they do match you can fix that as follows.

download a new copy of the bouquets or extract them if you still have the original compressed archive.
    open dreamboxedit and press the OPTIONS tab followed by the ADVANCED tab.
    now make sure the following line is ticked " allow duplicate entries in (user) bouquets. "

now close and re-open dreamboxedit and load your bouquets to the box.

boywonder786
    this may sound stupid but how do i actually physically send my cline to the box using DCC i have created a config file with my subscription details using notepad that is saved on my desktop but i dont actually know how this gets transferred to the box i understand this FTP concept it sounds very good but do u have a dummy quide to do it???

at the moment my desktop is covered in 101 diffeent winrar files all of which make no sense at all i have read lots of post am confident with flashing to usb and going into menus and installing the ccam 2.1.4 or whatever once thats done i think i may just be able to load the channels however the cline, i understand i need DCC, once i get my box i know where to enter its ip adress and username root pasword blank etc, i have the notepad file on my pc so i just need to know how to ftp this across...

pls dont laugh i only found out what a bloody vu box was on friday night so ave spent the last 2 days filling my brain with the most useless information ever. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast