Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mods on the site

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    And indeed: we're all human.
    Speaking for myself: I can't stand a problem being posted without any relevant info being given. You know, a posting like 'Help, my box doesn't do XYZ' without even telling what box (let alone what image and what has been tried) .....

Communication is always two-way; on asking a question one has to try to explain oneself, to try to put oneself in the shoes of the one who reads the question. This applies in real live (but at least you can see ones astonishment) and even more so in written communication.
    And indeed: in those cases I tend to be a bit curtly; I admit guilt.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    lol, i have been a mod and admin for close to 15 years on a number of sites, some long gone and closed up shop, some still around. At one point in time i'll admit i had a reputation as a bad tempered moron who would lash out at the simplest thing, those days are long gone now, but the hulk does show him self from time to time against my better judgement.

Thing is even in real life i cant stand people who blatantly sprout crap when i know better, especially if it's a topic i consider my self to be well versed in, and those are the times when i tend to bite back out of pure frustration, but as i said above if you ever feel any of us has stepped out of line ( my self included ) PM one of the admins and it will be sorted.

Just one more thing to add.

If i ever thought i my self was bringing the forum down i would gladly tender my resignation with sicilian as would most if not all of the staff we have.
    I can vouch for that I was a member of a site that pheonix was on a number of years ago that no longer exists that if you posted this you would have had a life time ban lol . Now hes a big soft teddy bear but to be fair he was always a great help and is one of the most active member on here and on there when it was running. Ohh just ban he dude00 lol

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Gosh you mods are touchy lol.. Keep up the great work chaps.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: Mods on the site

Quote Originally Posted by jaylar View Post
    Ohh just ban he dude00 lol
    Them were the days Jay bad tempered old 00dude.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Just have to say folks, only for this site & the help of all the mods/members I'd be still scratchin my head, & probably would have flung the reciever at the wall.
    "We're all only human" and unfortunately not everyday is better then the previous, so a reply can be absorbed depending on the mood of the receiver.
    A big thumbs up to all members who give their time & patience to all new & not so new requests.

"Just my 10 cents worth"

Suttsy

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suttsy For This Useful Post:

duoduo (25-07-13),pooface (25-07-13)

Title
    Thanks
    just my 2 cents worth, been here around 6 months ish and have asked questions on satellite receiver issues when stuck and have got answers usually in less then 24 hours so cannot fault the site mods on that at all, sometimes when an answer is given especially a written one it can be misinterpreted as a kinda "oh hes an arsy sod" when that probably isnt the case, text is a sod for that!

not sure about any other users, but if you feel theres a piece of advice thats shall we say, a tad iffy, speak your mind on it, everyone is open to learning something new, opinions are like asssholes we all have one

Title
    Thanks
    After a couple german forums where you feel isolated and ignored i feel home here.
    Vix team images with minimum extentions offer a lot of free space and keep me here
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]Octagon sf8008 single/COLOR] 1.5m motorized dish 95E-30W

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Right, that's it, this thread is being closed, and all members who'd posted in it, give a 2 week ban!!!!!!

As has been said though, sometimes we have bad days, and things are written abruptly. But also, there's also lots of messages where someone says something like "I have a problem, what could it be?!" Well, we don't know, and unable to find out unless you tell us

But nothing is personal, and we do just try to help out, sarcastic comments and all included...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

ronand (25-07-13)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Made some interesting reading this thread guys, nice to hear different views
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Made some interesting reading this thread guys, nice to hear different views
    Have we now decided that views are not accepted nowadays, so we just removed them cause it suite us to....... or is it that criticism is now not accepted on this site ??????????
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    Have we now decided that views are not accepted nowadays, so we just removed them cause it suite us to....... or is it that criticism is now not accepted on this site ??????????
    What are you talking about?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    Yes we do allow users to post their views, the fact that you have made this post and its still here shows how lenient we are on this forum, i know many others where a user would have been banned for less, we wont however tolerate pointless rants with no purpose other than to cause trouble.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Yes we do allow users to post their views, the fact that you have made this post and its still here shows how lenient we are on this forum, i know many others where a user would have been banned for less, we wont however tolerate pointless rants with no purpose other than to cause trouble.
    No i`m not causing trouble, its called putting over one`s point, and the point is........ i have a cartoon avatar that i believe is harmless, and i fail to see why i must remove it, it is not offensive, its not religous, its not vindictive, its a cartoon avatar, nothing more, nothing less, just a cartoon avatar, [ and a pointless rant with no purpose other than to cause trouble ] was never my intension, but i do believe i am entitle to a answer as to why it must be removed.....

So can my post please be put back up on the open forum, and lets have some democratic views on the subject !!
    Last edited by wullboy; 09-08-13 at 08:04.
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    When did democracy have anything to do with the running of a forum? Give the masses a say and anarchy will result.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

wullboy (09-08-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Well, I do find your avatar a sign of bad taste. And on a serious forum like ours I even find it offending, simple as that.
    And I'm absolutely not interested in where you got it from; it's really quite easy to find all kinds of stuff showing bad taste.

And as you say the avatar means nothing for you, I fail to see why you wouldn't want to change it then when kindly asked to do so. It would be a sign of good taste, and normal, polite behaviour, to do so.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast