Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VIX Image picons

Title
    Thanks
    Yea, that what I am working on now

Title
    Thanks
    I did try using my bouquets with the catseye satellites.xml file but no joy.. I hope you do figure it out! ;-)

... thank goodness I backed up my box with dreamset and VUCC 0.2

3. The Following User Says Thank You to underzone For This Useful Post:

bassethound (15-10-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Glad that every one is sorted now
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    hey sicilian in on vix 1.1 and with respect to mounting the usn drive shows but does not mount possibly thats the error but how would i get it to mount is just wont mount

Title
    Thanks
    I had another rethink about this problem because I did not like the idea of the catseye sat list screwing up my bouquets so I have found a work around to my problem.

I just use the 28.2e sat, so I opened up /etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml and changed the line:
    <sat flags="1" name="Astra/Eurobird (28.2E)" position="284"> to
    <sat flags="1" name="Astra/Eurobird (28.2E)" position="282"> saved the file and then restarted the box.

Once the box has rebooted it wont be able to see any channels, I had to go back into the satellite settings and rescan the satellite, once this is done you will see two satellites in the list, 28.2e & 28.4e, I just deleted the 28.4e and then I had the picons in the info bar... well it worked for me anyway.

I re installed the image again as a test and I did exactly the steps above again as proof, I got the same results, this worked for me I don't know if it would work for anyone else.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to succuba For This Useful Post:

grtmoby (16-10-10),underzone (17-10-10)

Title
    Thanks
    To follow on...

I have just reinstalled the image again then downloaded another satellites.xml file from

http://satellites-xml.eu/

I then changed this new download with the old satellites.xml file in the image and found that this seemed to work perfectly with the picons for 28.2e (again I must iterate that it worked for me... it may not work for other people).

So this seems to me to point to a problem with the satellites.xml inside the image... I am still very green when it comes to understanding how these things work so someone please correct me if I am way off base here.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to succuba For This Useful Post:

underzone (17-10-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by succuba View Post
    To follow on...

I have just reinstalled the image again then downloaded another satellites.xml file from

http://satellites-xml.eu/

I then changed this new download with the old satellites.xml file in the image and found that this seemed to work perfectly with the picons for 28.2e (again I must iterate that it worked for me... it may not work for other people).

So this seems to me to point to a problem with the satellites.xml inside the image... I am still very green when it comes to understanding how these things work so someone please correct me if I am way off base here.
    ... Works great! I also made a new satellites.xml just for 28.2 and rescanned. I then had to make a new bouquet with just the 28.2 channels in, and not the 28.4 channels.

Where did the 28.4 degree setting come from? It is obviously wrong as we all know it is meant to be 28.2 for Astra.
    I now have my picons and my 256MB swapfile on a USB pen drive (formatted as Linux).
    Got there in the end - thanks succuba

SICILIAN: Does someting need changing in the VIX image to set 28.2 and not 28.4?
    Last edited by underzone; 17-10-10 at 18:41.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    You must have been using a satellites.xml with 28.4 set for UK freesat. Most settings/bouqets packs have combined freesat & sky uk to 28.2 as it will still tune ok.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    You must have been using a satellites.xml with 28.4 set for UK freesat. Most settings/bouqets packs have combined freesat & sky uk to 28.2 as it will still tune ok.
    The satellites.xml that we were using was the one that came with the image, I think what underzone was saying was that maybe an updated satellites.xml file should be used in the next version of VIX

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by succuba View Post
    The satellites.xml that we were using was the one that came with the image, I think what underzone was saying was that maybe an updated satellites.xml file should be used in the next version of VIX
    Technically that is the correct satellites.xml file, most users would upload their own set of Enigma2 settings/bouquets.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Technically that is the correct satellites.xml file, most users would upload their own set of Enigma2 settings/bouquets.
    That explains it then, thanks for the info

Title
    Thanks
    Can also change picon name, but its a little more work.

The picon name have to match the Service Referense.
    If i got a picon, named: 1_0_1_DBB_23_46_E080000_0_0_0.png

Then i go to Meny>Information>Service> If the Service Referanse is different from picon name, then you have to change picon name so they match.
    So if Service Referanse is: 1:0:1: DBB:23:46:E070000:0:0:0

Then change the picon name from:
    1_0_1_DBB_23_46_E080000_0_0_0.png
    to
    1_0_1_DBB_23_46_E070000_0_0_0.png
    Last edited by grimm70; 18-10-10 at 12:13.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grimm70 For This Useful Post:

alimcm (22-10-10),succuba (18-10-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all. I am a little fuzzy as to why the picons need to reside on a USB/flash stick in order for the HDD to not spin up in order to read them if it has spun down--wouldn't the timeshift settings necessitate the harddrive being active all the time (to timeshift-record the current program?); causing this problem to only become an issue if one selectively use the timeshift feature?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grimm70 View Post
    Can also change picon name, but its a little more work.

The picon name have to match the Service Referense.
    If i got a picon, named: 1_0_1_DBB_23_46_E080000_0_0_0.png

Then i go to Meny>Information>Service> If the Service Referanse is different from picon name, then you have to change picon name so they match.
    So if Service Referanse is: 1:0:1: DBB:23:46:E070000:0:0:0

Then change the picon name from:
    1_0_1_DBB_23_46_E080000_0_0_0.png
    to
    1_0_1_DBB_23_46_E070000_0_0_0.png

If your BBC 1 picon has disappeared after the recent frequency change, here is how you fix it. Find the picon you want to display for BBC 1 (windows explorer thumbnail view is handy for this) and rename it to:

1_0_1_1929_7FF_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png

Now the correct picon ("BBC1 North West" in my case) will show.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    how then do i add lichters picons for 19.2 and 13.0 never had any problems loading 28.2 ( well i did help to modify one of the packages )

but as i say i've just d/l the above picons and restarted the GUI and nothing well apart from 28.2 of course.

as an afterthought do i d/l them manually select all and drag them into the picon folder, reboot

EDIT:

my appologies i now realise that i was refering to the Gigant image and not the VIX 1.1 image, seeing as it don't come with picons

regards:canthackit
    Last edited by canthackit; 25-10-10 at 08:32.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234