Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: About to purchase this box :D

Title
    Thanks

About to purchase this box :D

Hello,

Am about to bite the bullet and buy the box later tonight but i just wanted to see if some things could get cleared up.

There is 3 Different HD 2 boxes and i am really confused to which one i should get. I basically just want to be able to record 1 and watch another or record 2 at the same time....
    The epg in this box... Can i just press record and it will automatically start and stop it? like on sky...
    Wifi dongle.. Can i purchase one of them small dongles off of ebay for like £5? (WiFi 150Mbps WIRELESS 802.11n Mini USB 2.0 Dongle Adapter)

Think thats about it, if any one has one of these boxes and wants to share what there like i would be grateful or if any one has any other boxes which they think is better will also be good aswell

Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    There is only one Venton Unibox HD 2 receiver but with different tuner configurations due to the plug and play tuner modules it uses. going by your post i assume you want two DVB-S2 tuner cards with your receiver as this would give you what your asking for.

EPG will work as you describe once setup properly. I cant speak about wifi dongles as i dont personally use them.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

iluukee (08-07-13),Sicilian (08-07-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    There is only one Venton Unibox HD 2 receiver but with different tuner configurations due to the plug and play tuner modules it uses. going by your post i assume you want two DVB-S2 tuner cards with your receiver as this would give you what your asking for.

EPG will work as you describe once setup properly. I cant speak about wifi dongles as i don't personally use them.
    Thanks for the quick reply... I am guessing the most expensive one is the win with the twin tuner... The Hd 1+ with the twin tuner is £20 cheaper but i can't seem to find any difference between that and the HD2.. Really Confusing :s

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iluukee View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply... I am guessing the most expensive one is the win with the twin tuner... The Hd 1+ with the twin tuner is £20 cheaper but i can't seem to find any difference between that and the HD2.. Really Confusing :s
    The attached brochure will clarify all I think.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

iluukee (08-07-13)

Title
    Thanks
    The HD+1 only takes a 2.5" hard drive

Which if like me you are taking it out of a sly box it will only fit in the hd2 so for me the £20 I would have saved the total cost would have cost more

And I must say the aluminium effect finish looks great

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    The attached brochure will clarify all I think.
    That helped alot again thanks Think ill go for the HD1 Plus, Only difference i can see between the 1 and 2 is that the 2 has 2 plug and play tuners.. Which i wont be needing. So the Hd1 with the twin tuners will be ideal for me and is cheaper aswell Think i am going to order it now.. If i have any problems with the box will there be any trouble sending it back or getting a replacement?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Think ill just buy a 500GB 2.5 HD now... Do you think 500GB is enough? and how long does it last (used to 80GB with my sky + box LOL)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    if your going to record and delete its more than enough but if your going to store than it will be used up very quickly.

Give you an example I have a 1TB drive and record about 15 programm a week, within 3 weeks it was nearly full had 10% left.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    We record shows but delete them straight after we have watched them.... But we do like to keep a few movies on the box to have.. Am sure we can save alot of space by using BBC i player etcc..

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That helped alot again thanks Think ill go for the HD1 Plus, Only difference i can see between the 1 and 2 is that the 2 has 2 plug and play tuners.. Which i wont be needing. So the Hd1 with the twin tuners will be ideal for me and is cheaper aswell Think i am going to order it now.. If i have any problems with the box will there be any trouble sending it back or getting a replacement?

thanks
    The HD1 + does not have a twin tuner but a single tuner with the ability to add another to the second slot, exactly the same as with the HD2 and HD3.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-dvb-s-s2

I think that one has the second tuner included, or am i wrong?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The receiver it self has Twin tuner slots ( ie two slots for two tuners , the picture shows a single tuner with a input and a loopout, you would still need to purchase a second tuner to go into the second slot.

The best thing to do if you'r unsure would be to PM the sponsor directly on the forum and he will be able to tell you exactly what you need and what is included etc.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    The receiver it self has Twin tuner slots ( ie two slots for two tuners , the picture shows a single tuner with a input and a loopout, you would still need to purchase a second tuner to go into the second slot.

The best thing to do if you'r unsure would be to PM the sponsor directly on the forum and he will be able to tell you exactly what you need and what is included etc.
    I have Pm the sponsor and just waiting on his reply.. There are 3 differnt options for the HD 1 plus... I have selected the dearest which is'' Supplied with 2x DVB-S/S2 satellite tuner'' so i guess that the optional plug and play slot is already filled by the second tuner.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have Pm the sponsor and just waiting on his reply.. There are 3 differnt options for the HD 1 plus... I have selected the dearest which is'' Supplied with 2x DVB-S/S2 satellite tuner'' so i guess that the optional plug and play slot is already filled by the second tuner.
    yes if you have selected to have x2 tuners both slots will be filled and you will get what you'r after.

SIMPLES.