Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: USB Wifi Stick Works On Blackhole , OpenPli 3.0 But Not Vix 3.0 ?

Title
    Thanks

USB Wifi Stick Works On Blackhole , OpenPli 3.0 But Not Vix 3.0 ?

Hi, i have both a Vu Ultimo and Vu Solo , I have Genuine Vu Usb Wifi Stick , im using Virgin SuperHub , the very early vix 3.0 built it used to work, but not anymore on newer builds i can find the wireless insert password but as soon press ok to connect , No connection, i tried changing settings on the virgin superhub , wireless channels, encryption but noting, i notice it does connect to other wireless router i tested, seems not compatible with superhub, strange thing is with Blackhole or Openpli it connects no problems , with superhub at same settings when trying with vix 3.0 image,

so i decided to try another wifi usb stick chipset see if works so ordered the Ferguson Wi-Fi W02 from
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...VU-Plus-Xtrend

tried it on both vu solo and ultimo , in wireless when searching for wireless doesnt pick up anything, then when trying blackhole or openpli 3.0 picks up and connects with no problems,

anyone help me out with this

Thanks

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Its working fine on all 5 of my STB`s..

Im have a variety of different wifi dongles.. and all working fine.. I got both of what you have as well..

No Virgin here.. But connects at all time with BT infinity..

Maybe someone can help you who has the virgin super hub..

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, with the Vu Wifi stick, it does find the superhub , but no connection when trying to connect after inserting password, the other wifi sticks, don't pick any wireless routers, this is with superhub in same room, thing is both dongles work fine on blackhole and openpli 3.0 , vix and superhub compatibility issue , its no big deal, but i remember it used to work on the very first build of vix 3.0

what other dongles can you use ? and cheap ?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, thank you, someone listened and with latest build the official Vu WiFi dongle connects to the superhub works great, i also have a few other brand USB wifi dongles, Ferguson Wi-Fi W02 for one, all based on same chipset

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...VU-Plus-Xtrend

i remember the Ferguson Wi-Fi W02 before came up as RT2800 as did the other wifi brand dongles i have now its showing up as rt5572sta , it seems to connect fine but doesn't seem to work, i have attached some screenshots

20130710_182812.jpg20130710_182837.jpg20130710_182910.jpg

Thanks all for this great site