Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Box crashes when changing channel using epg

Title
    Thanks

Box crashes when changing channel using epg

Hi,

I'm new to all this and am setting up my new vu+ duo for the first time but the epg is driving me mad. It keeps crashing when I try to change channel using the epg. I can change channel ok if I press the up arrow to bring up the channel list and select something, but if I press the EPG button and then select a different channel the box crashes. I've attached the log produced. I'm running openvix version 3 amd crossepg. The download is successfull and I can see all the channel info but as I say, if I try to change channel it crashes. I'm pulling my hair out!!

Hopefully someone can help!!! PLEASE!!!

Thanks
    Roy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Happens to me also, if I press two or three buttons in quick succession, which happens as the vu duo is quite slow to respond sometimes. Ive just assumed its a price you pay for free software
    and Ive lived with it

Title
    Thanks
    I only have to press one button. Bring up epg, scroll down to the channel i want, press OK (even after a second or two) and bang... box reboots!!

chucknorris666

Quote Originally Posted by roywoods View Post
    I only have to press one button. Bring up epg, scroll down to the channel i want, press OK (even after a second or two) and bang... box reboots!!
    What build number are you using?

This use to happen to me on one of the old builds.

Try flashing the latest build.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks chucknorris666.

I originally installed the latest build and this happened so went back a few versions to see if it still happened (in the hopes that it had been introduced recently). Unfortunately it still happens so I'm tempted to say that I'm doing something wrong with the EPG but I have no idea what. I've tried it with the EPG data loaded from both the hdd and usb and both crash. I'm using crossepg with the opentv provider. The download works and I see the epg on screen. Will go back to the latest build and try again!!!

chucknorris666

I think build 668 is the latest stable build mate.

I also use cross peg with open tv saved to hdd for my epg and it works no problem on this build.

chucknorris666

As for setting up epg its easy you carnt go wrong pal.

Menu/Setup/System/EPG/settings - change only EPG location leave all other options as they are. Then....

Menu/Setup/System/EPG/CrossEPG/OpenTV tick 28.2 then press yellow to download. That's pretty much all you need to do.

You can also set the EPG to download automatically by going to

Menu/Setup/System/EPG/CrossEPG/configure

I have mine set to download once a day at 4am.

Hope this helps

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks again chucknorris666.

I initially installed build 668 and it crashed. Then went to an older versions still crashed. So reinstalled build 668 (didn't bother with crossepg, didn't install any other addons or plugins) and when I go to epg and try to change channel it STILL CRASHES!!!!! Aaarrrrgggghhhhh!!! This is SO annoying!

chucknorris666

Hmm very strange... I don't know what else to suggest, you could try changing the button set up. When in EPG press menu then change the ok button to zap and exit rather than zap and stay in EPG just give it a try see if it still crashes.

Title
    Thanks
    OK. Will do. Thanks for the quick reply.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Have you been restoring from backup? Sometimes it's best to clean flash and set up from scratch.
    Saving the epg data to the hard drive works best for me - not to USB. Check your mounts are correct.
    Use a swap file set at 96.
    Install cacheflush from feeds and set for 40mins.

The Duo can have memory problems and all these helped stabilise mine.

Hope you get it sorted. Good box once set up.

Tapatalker
    Last edited by BubbleBalls; 06-06-13 at 15:22.

chucknorris666

If it still crashes mate it will be helpful if you enabled crash logs and post them up hear.

There's plenty of knowledgeable people on this forum so in sure you will get it sorted soon.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I've attached another log. I've flashed the latest image and still no joy. The last few lines of the log (full log attached) are...

DEMUX_STOP - pcr - ok
    DEMUX_STOP - video - ok
    VIDEO_STOP - ok
    AUDIO_STOP - ok
    DEMUX_STOP - audio - ok
    AUDIO_CONTINUE - ok
    DEMUX_STOP - ttx - ok
    start release channel timer
    Failed to start <enigma.eServiceReference; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'eServiceReference *' at 0x2369470> >
    RemovePopup, id = Parental control
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/EpgSelection.py", line 1116, in OK
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/EpgSelection.py", line 1302, in zapTo
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/EpgSelection.py", line 1294, in zapSelectedService
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'toString'
    (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method HelpableActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.HelpableActionMap instance at 0x1aa19b8>>,('OkCancelActions', 'OK')) failed)
    getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.sendAnonCrashlog failed !! (Typo??)
    getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addNetwork failed !! (Typo??)
    getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addWlan failed !! (Typo??)

I have to say this doesn't mean much to me!! I enabled the debug log but the image will only allow me to set a max filesize of 10M which cuts off before the actual cause of the crash so it's not much help.

If I try to do anything with the epg it always crashes with the same error (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'toString'). I've tried it with the epg before enabling crossepg and after. Even selecting the channelI'm current;y on causes the box to crash!!!

I tried going to BH, and although the epg works fine, I don't thing BH is as polished as OpenVix so I'd REALLY like to get this sorted.

Many thanks for your help so far.

Cheers
    Roy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    I can start and stop recordings in epg, I just can't select a channel. I've set up a swapfile and enabled cacheflush as advised by bubbleballs (thanks for your input) but to no avail!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Sorry it didn't help. After this post maybe you need the mods/devs but what do you mean when you say that you can start and stop recordings in epg?

Tapatalker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast