Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVD Player Woes

Title
    Thanks

DVD Player Woes

Hi All,

Im on the most up to date PLi image and im really struggling to play DVD files or ISOs off my NAS. DVD menus have audio - but the main titles dont and after a while, the playback starts to stutter. Media player plays back a 720p MKV file with no such problems so I know its not a bandwidth issue. Anyone know of a fix or whether dream-elite has this problem?

Feedback would be much appreciated.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts

Re: DVD Player Woes

I've got to be honest and have not been able to play dvd iso's on any image, thats why I was surprised when you said you could here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/vu-d...msg305/#msg305
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks

Hey Sic.

I was able to play them fine until I upgraded via software update. Thing is, I didnt back the thing up pre update so to go back is gonna involve a hell of a lot of messing around! Thing is, I cant even play back ripped DVD files now either. Do you know if dream elite or any other image has a better DVD Player?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

I'll try Dream Elite prob tomorrow night, will let you know m8, but got admit I never been able to get any DVD iso's to play.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks

Have you been able to get DVD VOB files to play properly?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supathug
    Have you been able to get DVD VOB files to play properly?
    I've not tried m8, I'll try and find time over this weekend. Been so busy with settings up the forums and removing bugs etc..It's been taking over my life last week or so lol!
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Sic - Did u try the vob files out? Any luck?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I can confirm that i have a similar issue.

I am running BH 1.3 image - I have a DVD image on my Home PC . The location is shared out and then mounted on the Vu+ duo using CIFS. The mount is fine and am able to manually umount and mount without issue. Im able to read and write to the location too.

When i use the DVD Player in the image, it just seems to stutter. Network is fine...Dont see that being an issue? Anyone else come across this apart from supathug? Has anyone been able to try this and replicate?

Thanks.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    In all honesty I've never been able to get dvd player to work. I'll have another go later today with OpenPLi.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I have a feeling the aSupathug suggested that Pli was fine. Might be an issue with BH.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bobonthejob For This Useful Post:

Mart (09-05-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    All,

I have seen several comments from PLi site about DVD and video media playback (divx, Mkv and avis) issues after the update on 18th April.

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...i-for-18-04-10

Its something to do with 4.5 drivers. Some users have reported no issue but others have.

I havent updated my openpli since because of these issues but will try it over the next few days.

D

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Cheers for that dude.... i have posted something on the DE site...see if anyone has any further information there. Will report back if anything comes of it.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Just had a quick play with this. Mounted a shared virtual DVD drive from networked PC. Tried to play DVD through DVD player and did stutter a lot. I then played it back as if you where playing back a recording, played fine. Only draw back is I think you would have to play each VOB file to view the movie. One good thing I found though was that is played back with the correct resolution.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I did try the DVD player with a USB xbox360 HD drive and it played just fine on VTI image, not tried it recently though.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    sic@ did you have the actual DVD files (VOB) or did you try it as an iso? I believe the DVD Player mounts the ISO and runs the dvd as per normal?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast