Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How i can enable Wlan ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Re: How i can enable Wlan ?

it is also reported on some forums that some usb dongles would work on VTI image and not PLi
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks

Re: How i can enable Wlan ?

I think best advised as well for anyone wanting to play about with this please make sure you do a backup first before enabeling this kernal or in worst case it could mean your VU+ won't boot and needs a reflash, this is just until we've had a few more people try this out and have a better idea of what works and what don't, better safe than sorry!

Title
    Thanks
    i just also wanted to use this wifi usb this one NETGEAR RangeMax Next Wireless-N USB Adapter WN111 and here is the site http://www.netgear.nl/producten/prod...php?prod=WN111. i dont know how to anable it

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys i've bought TP-LINK USB But still have the same problem !! i don't know why ? is it from the image ? i have now Dream Eilte Black Hole v.1.0 Enigma : 2010-01-29 ?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Which model TP-Link? Also use either VTI 0.8 or Dream Elite 1.3.

Title
    Thanks
    the model is : TP-WN321G

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Use either Dream Elite 1.3 or VTI 0.8. Power off the receiver. Plugin USB wifi adapter. Boot receiver and navigate to Network settings and select the wireless adapter. You will see options to scan and enter your encryption key.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Use either Dream Elite 1.3 or VTI 0.8. Power off the receiver. Plugin USB wifi adapter. Boot receiver and navigate to Network settings and select the wireless adapter. You will see options to scan and enter your encryption key.
    i've just update my image to Dream Elite 1.3 .. and i couldn't find the option to scan !!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Goto network settings. You will see two options, wired or wireless. Make sure a green tick goes in wireless and select it. That will then take you into the options.

Title
    Thanks
    at last i find it .. i activated from Kernel Modules Manger and then restart my receiver .now i chose my network but what is the right setting to active my usb correctly like ip adress ,netmask, ..Etc

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Enable DHCP option. That way it will find its own correct settings.

Title
    Thanks
    Enable DHCP option. That way it will find its own correct settings.
    i did but still not work !! i've try the network test every thing is ok except (ip idress ) and ( nameserver) they are unconfirmed ?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abdullaziz View Post
    i did but still not work !! i've try the network test every thing is ok except (ip idress ) and ( nameserver) they are unconfirmed ?
    Have you tried re-booting?

To find the the correct network settings check your router ip config. Different router use different ip ranges. Nameserver and ip address depends on your router.

Title
    Thanks
    Have you tried re-booting?

To find the the correct network settings check your router ip config. Different router use different ip ranges. Nameserver and ip address depends on your router.
    yes i have restart my box many times and also i've tried to put the same setting(ip address &nameserver) from my router to the receiver and it doesn't work !

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Have you selected the encryption method that suits your router? WPA, WEP, WPA2 etc...You might have to change the encryption on your router to suit what the VU+ Duo will use.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast