Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vu+ solo, open vix , will not boot , receiving enigma2 error or green screen?

Simonpeter
    Thank you for your offer to help me it's appreciated. I am a newby seeking to learn from the forum. I had no idea my firmware was out of date until you told me. Yes I would love to update it to the latest version, and yes I would like to know how to backup my system before flashing. Can I ask is there a way to remote login to my box to see if its real or clone. Don't forget I paid a lot of Money for my VU+ and the supplier told me it was not a clone. So I personally won't be happy to discover its not what I paid for.

So I need to backup everything before I flash to the latest version, is their a newby guide ?

Thanks guys really appreciated ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Vu+ solo, open vix , will not boot , receiving enigma2 error or green screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Simonpeter View Post
    Thank you for your offer to help me it's appreciated. I am a newby seeking to learn from the forum. I had no idea my firmware was out of date until you told me. Yes I would love to update it to the latest version, and yes I would like to know how to backup my system before flashing. Can I ask is there a way to remote login to my box to see if its real or clone. Don't forget I paid a lot of Money for my VU+ and the supplier told me it was not a clone. So I personally won't be happy to discover its not what I paid for.

So I need to backup everything before I flash to the latest version, is their a newby guide ?

Thanks guys really appreciated ?
    The only way to know for sure if its a clone is to check for visual signs on the outer case and then look inside the receiver for the so called " secret chip " which is used to bypass Vu's security measures. There is a thread on the forum that shows what to look for, such as did the unit come with a rs232 serial cable and a small PCB board ?.

As for backing up you will need to use a FTP program for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    1. Get yourself a copy of Dreamboxedit or similar and use that to backup your files to a PC. If you are using CCcam backup your config (just copy it to your PC) It is in /etc and called CCcam.cfg
    2. Goto the Quick Support Menu at the top of this forum page and download the latest VIX image and Bootloader for your Solo
    3. Copy the Bootloader to an empty USB stick (look for tutorials. It is the same process as used to copy an image to USB stick and flash) and flash it. It will flash really quickly
    4.Copy the downloaded image to an empty USB stick (using the same process as in step 3) and flash. If using VFX remember to install Samba from the network setup menu.
    5. Use Dreamboxedit to restore your bouquets.
    6. If using CCcam download it from the same place you cot the image from and install it. Just copy it to /tmp and use the menu option to install local extensions. Then copy CCcam.cfg to /etc and reboot. You should be good to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12