Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vu+ solo, open vix , will not boot , receiving enigma2 error or green screen?

Simonpeter

Vu+ solo, open vix , will not boot , receiving enigma2 error or green screen?

Vu+ solo with open vix will not boot i am receiving enigma2 error or green screen? I have restarted many times and same error.

The same error happened last week and my provider fixed it at my home in seconds. Sadly today he is non contactable. I wonder is there a logical or obvious solution to remedy the enigma2 error so that I can watch Tv? I am a newby to Solo+ and this forum.

Thank you in advance - Simon

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    if it's a green screen, it's a very old build...
    you should be able to ftp into the box & get the crash logs though.
    maybe try a fresh flash of a current build available on http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Simonpeter
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    if it's a green screen, it's a very old build...
    you should be able to ftp into the box & get the crash logs though.
    maybe try a fresh flash of a current build available on http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/
    I have taken a photo with iPad of the error log before it crashed and uploaded it to this forum , I hope it's viewable , thank you so much for help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    That is a very old image, try flashing a newer image.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Simonpeter
    How old is very old, as I just purchased the vu+ solo and I selected upgrade software during setup only last week. So I thought I had the latest? Thanks for your help guys.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonpeter View Post
    I have taken a photo with iPad of the error log before it crashed and uploaded it to this forum , I hope it's viewable , thank you so much for help.
    Impossible to tell with a photo...
    and as pheonix says, it's a very old image that we no longer build so it's pretty hard to support.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    That is some 100 or more builds old

By the way where did you buy it from?

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    That is some 100 or more builds old

By the way where did you buy it from?
    i'd guess a lot older, don't think I've seen a green screen since 2.3 builds maybe?

Simonpeter
    It was provided as part of a package in Malaga , Spain.

When you say image is very old , do you mean the firmware is very old ? What should I tell my supplier in malaga to do, to rectify the problem.

Where can I get a new image or firmware? Thanks guys for support, greatly appreciated

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Use the link I provided above.
    Is it an original non clone box?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That image is at least a year old and no longer built or supported by us, use the link provided by judge, flash the bootloader and image as required and go from there ( note if this is a clone we cant provide support of any kind ).
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Simonpeter
    How can I find the answer to your question guys? Clone non clone ? On the front says VU+ and beneath that Dolby Digital Surround it looks like a real box. That said I would like to know my self as I am not happy image is over a year out of date when I only bought it last week. Thanks for your enthusiasm guys, appreciated.
    Last edited by Simonpeter; 27-04-13 at 21:06.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    PM me the link to where you bought it.

There is also a thread on here to spot a clone

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Simonpeter
    Well I asked the question ref clone or non clone and the guy I purchased it off was really insulted and categorically stated it was a NON clone box, ie Original.

I really want to upgrade my VU+ box to the latest image but I have no practice or confidence. If I read the instructions and all goes Ok with the upgrade Will I Loose all my Channels and have to reinstall them or will my settings stay and channels stay intact ? "Thanks Guys for your support"

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Vu+ solo, open vix , will not boot , receiving enigma2 error or green screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Simonpeter View Post
    Well I asked the question ref clone or non clone and the guy I purchased it off was really insulted and categorically stated it was a NON clone box, ie Original.

I really want to upgrade my VU+ box to the latest image but I have no practice or confidence. If I read the instructions and all goes Ok with the upgrade Will I Loose all my Channels and have to reinstall them or will my settings stay and channels stay intact ? "Thanks Guys for your support"
    The only way you can update your current image is to flash a newer one as the one currently on the receiver is obsolete and no longer maintained or supported by us. yes you will loose every thing on the receiver ( except any recordings you may have ) as the flashing process first erases the old image before loading the new one. You can backup any important files first though and restore them to the new image.

Personally I would be asking the seller why if the unit is genuine did he use such a old and no longer supported image as generally only clone suppliers do this.

Now thats out of the way, if your confident you have a genuine receiver we can help you to update it, but we can and won't provide any support if the unit is a clone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SIMPLES.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast