Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: sly card in vu duo

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    CCcam2.1.3 onward will auto update if setup correctly.
    Thanks, any information/post on how to set it up correctly? Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Hi so any tips to open premium channels as al my sly chanels open but these,can i enter my PIN into the config or is there more to it than that

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    as sicilian says card autoupdates from cccam 2.1.3 onwards. if you use cccam and newcs then you need mgcamd client to do the updates for entitlements. kegrka, if your card is subscribed to premium channels all you need to do is supply the correct boxkey in your cccam.cfg

Title
    Thanks
    I tried this method with my Freesat from sky card, but it's not working, could be due to any of the following issues:

- The tuner on my old sky box died a month or two ago, and my card hasn't been in a connected box since then - perhaps it expired?
    - The CCcam version running on my duo is 2.2.1, not 2.1.4
    - There was already a CCcam.cfg file on the duo a good few kb big - should i have just added the lines to it?
    - Do i need to tell the duo manually to send certain channels through the card?

If it makes any difference I am running OpenPLI v1.0 2010-09-06

Does anyone have experience of this and know if channels like C4HD will work with the freesat from sky card?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Andy

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbmw View Post
    my fta card has stopped updating.Put in the sky box and it says need a replacement card.

Regards jrbmw
    Sky were updating all the cards a while ago - i used to have a blue one, then they sent me a white one after i paid them

Title
    Thanks
    Ha! it works now - guess it just needed to wait for the update code - will scan for new channels when the missus finishes watching her girly programs

Title
    Thanks
    For anyone interested, it is possible to get C4HD and C5HD with a freesat from sky viewing card...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    a free to view sly veiwing card will allow it as far as i'm aware but dont quote e my sly card is subscribed so i gt it anyway
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    yes thats the point of the FTV sky cards. they allow you to view the FTV channels broadcast over their network.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojustaboo View Post
    Step by step guide, presuming you have an FTP program on your PC and know how to use it, and that you simply want to use your sly card in your VUduo and not do anything dodgy.

1) Work out your box key

Code:
    On the back of your sly box is a 17 digit number

Ignore the first 6 and the last  1 number, that gives you a 10 digit number.

For example, if your 17 digit code is

1E200506858456748

You would ignore the first 6 (1E2005) and the last one (8) 
    which would leave you with the 10 digit number 0685845674

google for a hex convertor (or use your calc if it has one),place the 10 digit number in and convert it to Hex.

The above example would give 28E12CAA which is your box key entered as (note the spaces)

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 28 E1 2C AA

If your box key turns out at only 7 characters add a 0  (zero) to the beginning of the number to make it 8 characters long.
    2) Install CCCam2.1.4 (something like Menu, Plugins, Download plugins, cams)

3) On your PC create a text file called CCcam and enter the following two lines

Code:
    BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 12 34 AB CD
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000
    /dev/sci0 is presuming you are using the top slot for your Sly card.

Type it exactly as in the above, case sensitive, replacing "12 34 AB CD" with your box key.

save the file.

4) You will now have a file called CCcam.txt which needs to be changed to CCcam.cfg

Start Windows Explorer (Start, All Programs, Accessories, Windows Explorer) then click on "Documents"

Click on the "Organise" tab followed by "Folder and Search Options"

Click on the "View" tab and untick the box to the left of "Hide extensions for known file types"

Click "OK"

Right click on your newly created CCcam.txt file, select "rename", highlight the txt and change it to cfg

You will get a warning message saying something along the lines of "If you change file types, file might become unusable, are you sure..." click "Yes"

5) FTP your newly created CCcam.cfg file to the /etc directory on your VUduo box.

6) Shut down your VUduo box, insert your Sly card into the top slot (I made the mistake of thinking I had the top slot but as I was looking at the box from above, I actually had the lower slot, so double check)

7) Power up your VUduo box.

8) Menu, Setup, Softcam/ci

Softcam Setup

If there's nothing after "Active cam"

Select Cam: CCcam2.1.4

Press green button to start it.

Press blue button to autostart it

You are done. It should now automatically start every time you reboot and you should now have access to your channels.
    hi what image should i be using as i am using blackhole, i just dont have the option,
    Step by step guide, presuming you have an FTP program on your PC and know how to use it, and that you simply want to use your sly card in your VUduo and not do anything dodgy.

1) Work out your box key

Code:On the back of your sly box is a 17 digit number

Ignore the first 6 and the last 1 number, that gives you a 10 digit number.

For example, if your 17 digit code is

1E200506858456748

You would ignore the first 6 (1E2005) and the last one (8)
    which would leave you with the 10 digit number 0685845674

google for a hex convertor (or use your calc if it has one),place the 10 digit number in and convert it to Hex.

The above example would give 28E12CAA which is your box key entered as (note the spaces)

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 28 E1 2C AA

If your box key turns out at only 7 characters add a 0 (zero) to the beginning of the number to make it 8 characters long. 2) Install CCCam2.1.4 (something like Menu, Plugins, Download plugins, cams)

3) On your PC create a text file called CCcam and enter the following two lines

Code:BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 12 34 AB CD
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000 /dev/sci0 is presuming you are using the top slot for your Sly card.

Type it exactly as in the above, case sensitive, replacing "12 34 AB CD" with your box key.

save the file.

4) You will now have a file called CCcam.txt which needs to be changed to CCcam.cfg

Start Windows Explorer (Start, All Programs, Accessories, Windows Explorer) then click on "Documents"

Click on the "Organise" tab followed by "Folder and Search Options"

Click on the "View" tab and untick the box to the left of "Hide extensions for known file types"

Click "OK"

Right click on your newly created CCcam.txt file, select "rename", highlight the txt and change it to cfg

You will get a warning message saying something along the lines of "If you change file types, file might become unusable, are you sure..." click "Yes"

5) FTP your newly created CCcam.cfg file to the /etc directory on your VUduo box.

6) Shut down your VUduo box, insert your Sly card into the top slot (I made the mistake of thinking I had the top slot but as I was looking at the box from above, I actually had the lower slot, so double check)

7) Power up your VUduo box.

8) Menu, Setup, Softcam/ci

Softcam Setup

If there's nothing after "Active cam"

Select Cam: CCcam2.1.4

Press green button to start it.

Press blue button to autostart it

You are done. It should now automatically start every time you reboot and you should now have

Title
    Thanks
    sorry about the above post, what image should i be using for it to work as i dont have the option to set up the softcam via the menu, stup,softcam/ci
    I am using blackhole vuduo 142

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    on BH images mate you have to load cams and files manually as BH don't include them in their addons.

if you don't know how, or cant, or don't want to do it manually, i'd suggest using VIX 1.3 very good image and it will allow you to D/L all you need.

regards: canthackit

Title
    Thanks
    what addons do i need

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    google for a manual install file for CCcam, you will not find it here or on the BlackHole support board but there are plenty of boards that host the files you need.

Title
    Thanks
    nearly there i have skycard in the machine with chip facing up, is it just a case of wating for a update know.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast