Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OE-Alliance OnDemand player official support and discussion thread.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    Attachment 24306

Thanks for your reply just tried again, still the same on bbc, itv and 4 but rte and 3 ok. I have attached another log file hopefully with all the info in, sorry about the last one.
    Thanks again nml
    In your latest log I can only see one attempt to play a programme from BBC iPlayer, no output from any of the other players you mentioned

As for the BBC stream you are trying to play, are you always trying to play the same stream or trying different ones and always getting the same error?

BTW, where are you based?
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: OE-Alliance OnDemand player official support and discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    Thanks Phoenix, do i not need to FTP a IPK file then? I just simply go through the steps you mentioned and it should already be there automatically?
    Yes just try the feeds or the telnet command and it should be fine.

All dependencies are in the feeds. If it does not work dont worry as andy is currently in the process of rebuilding the feeds and having a major clear out of the ViX build machines etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcquaim View Post
    Hi there,

This request has appeared a few times and it is something that we need to look into to see if it will be possible. If the XBMC Addon-on can play the HD stream then I presume that our OnDemand plugin should be able to do so also.

Time will tell though..
    OK, I'm looking for a UK based user to test a bit of code for me on this HD option..

I have added a new stream quality option of HD so the plan is that if you select a programme that has a HD stream available it should hopefully play it as long as you are in the UK. Unfortunately HD streams don't seem to be available from outside the UK so this is why I can't test this myself..

So, can someone in the UK transfer the two files in this zip over onto the OnDemand folder of your receiver and then reboot. If you could then launch OnDemand, press Menu and change the preferred stream quality to HD and then try and play the latest episode of Top Gear from the Most Popular category (I know this has a HD stream).

Can you report:
    1. That the programme plays.
    2. That you are getting the HD quality stream.

If you don't know if the stream is HD then change the config option back to High, play Top Gear again and compare the quality of both.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mcquaim For This Useful Post:

bassethound (13-03-13),Larry-G (13-03-13),Midnight (13-03-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

OE-Alliance OnDemand player official support and discussion thread.

Works brilliant on Top Gear .

BBC icon is a lot smaller on the HD stream

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danivtec For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (13-03-13),mcquaim (13-03-13),Midnight (13-03-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

OE-Alliance OnDemand player official support and discussion thread.

Also works in the HD section of iplayer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to danivtec For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (13-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Top gear on now and is definitely in HD

am in UK and all working well

great stuff

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grampy For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (13-03-13),mcquaim (13-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    also may be worth pointing out here but on my main TV at home the BBC icon is never cut off even before this test file possibly as i have overscan turned off on the TV ?.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    also may be worth pointing out here but on my main TV at home the BBC icon is never cut off even before this test file possibly as i have overscan turned off on the TV ?.
    Yeah, it always displayed fine for me too but I also had overscan turned off so perhaps that..

Anyway, looks to be working then so happy days, thanks for testing lads

I will release this to the GIT now then!
    D I S C L A I M E R

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mcquaim For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (13-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just a quick thanks to those who tested this file for us, you really helped us a lot here as none of our UK based guys were available to test the file.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcquaim View Post
    In your latest log I can only see one attempt to play a programme from BBC iPlayer, no output from any of the other players you mentioned

As for the BBC stream you are trying to play, are you always trying to play the same stream or trying different ones and always getting the same error?

BTW, where are you based?
    Hi I am based in Granada Southern Spain.
    I am mystified as to why the log only shows 1 attempt, what I did exactly was to test a different stream on BBC a stream on ITV and 4 also RTE and 3 and the last two worked. I downloaded immediately the log file from home via ftp. Is this the correct way to do it?

Just a bit more info that Could be relevant my internet connection is wifi via a subsidiary of Telefonica using a cable router and of course the box picks up a local network address for dns. Strangely I can use ITV player on my Foxsat hdr but not Iplayer.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Regards nml

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    Hi I am based in Granada Southern Spain.
    I am mystified as to why the log only shows 1 attempt, what I did exactly was to test a different stream on BBC a stream on ITV and 4 also RTE and 3 and the last two worked. I downloaded immediately the log file from home via ftp. Is this the correct way to do it?

Just a bit more info that Could be relevant my internet connection is wifi via a subsidiary of Telefonica using a cable router and of course the box picks up a local network address for dns. Strangely I can use ITV player on my Foxsat hdr but not Iplayer.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Regards nml
    Just doube check that the log file you are downloading from your receiver is the most recent one. You should see several posts in your log file for something equivalent to "Non UK" where if you look at the log you posted this is only showing once.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How do i install this.

[OnDemand] Add a HD Option for BBC iPlayer

New config option to play the HD streams from the BBC iPlayer.Currently this will only work for UK users, limelight doesn't seem tosend data for HD streams

Code:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-al...bdef08ba42b575

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you can either load the required file manually to your box or you could a image update as that would pull the latest version from the Git.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you can either load the required file manually to your box or you could a image update as that would pull the latest version from the Git.
    or if there are no image updates available uninstall the plugin and re download it fresh with the following telnet command.

opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand

SIMPLES.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

shizik (16-03-13),warajoker (16-03-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thank you. i will do it this way.
    or if there are no image updates available uninstall the plugin and re download it fresh with the following telnet command.

opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast