Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OE-Alliance OnDemand player official support and discussion thread.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

OE-Alliance OnDemand player official support and discussion thread.

Team ViX in association with the OE-Alliance are proud to present the OE-Alliance OnDemand player.

The OE-Alliance OnDemand player is a revolutionary piece of software for use with your enigma 2 based set top box, allowing you to access many until now unavailable OnDemand "catchup" services such as the world famous BBCiplayer, ITV player, 4OD player, Three player, RTE player and the OUG player with the possibility of more to come.

This is the one and only official version of the OE-Alliance OnDemand player, www.World-of-satellite.com is the one and only official forum for news, updates and development of this plugin. if you have any comments, questions or suggestions about the OE-Alliance OnDemand player please feel free to do so within this thread.

if you would like to follow progress of the OE-Alliance OnDemand plugin from the GIT you can via the following link.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-al...aster/OnDemand

Some of the features introduced into the OE-Alliance OnDemand plugin here first as follows.

-GEO unlocking of the BBCiplayer, ITV player and 4OD players.
    -Search function allowing you to search for specific programs or movies, quickly and efficiently.
    -stream quality option, allowing you to set your preferred default stream quality or bit-rate in those players which support it,
    -4OD player ( based on the work of mossy from the XBMC version )

OE-Alliance OnDemand Main Menu Screen.

OE-Alliance OnDemand Configuration Screen

OE-Alliance OnDeamnd Credits and About screen ( please see the terms of the licence below for this screen )

while we welcome and acknowledge other modified or so called "DeVixed" versions of this plugin we can not offer support for those here as we have no involvement with their development. ( if their developers would like to work together towards a better more compatible plugin we are here and willing to consider such a alliance ).

Please find enclosed a copy of the GPLv2 licence as included with this plugin below.

All Files of this Software are licensed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
    Version 2, June 1991, with the following amendments.

This plugin is NOT free software. It is open source, you are allowed to
    modify it (if you keep the license and do not change or remove the 'About' screen),
    but it may not be commercially distributed other than under the conditions noted above.
    This applies to the source code as a whole as well as to parts of it, unless
    explicitly stated otherwise.
    The OE-Alliance OnDemand plugin is now available directly from the ViX image feeds meaning that with every image update you will get the very latest version of the plugin first before any one else does. all dependencies are built directly into the feeds so no need to run any telnet commands etc.

You will however have to delete any previous version first before you download the latest version from the feeds.

Menu> Plugins> ( green to download ) > extensions> OnDemand.

If reporting any issues, please state image, build number & the country you are trying to view from.
    Last edited by judge; 12-03-13 at 14:10.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Allthegearnoidea (26-03-13),bassethound (11-03-13),bugaloo41 (14-04-13),cbr900 (12-03-13),craig37 (12-03-13),cwebb66 (12-03-13),DeGea468 (05-05-13),Dell_XPS (12-03-13),dlmlus (12-03-13),fatbob46 (09-05-14),jareks49 (12-03-13),jarrnick (09-05-13),johnnyboy147 (14-10-14),mickd (11-03-13),Midnight (11-03-13),naveh (11-03-13),Raitsa (11-03-13),RiGGs (29-03-13),RogerThis (11-03-13),ronand (11-03-13),rte (12-03-13),s31teg (11-03-13),satmanbasil (11-03-13),sherry (17-03-13),shizik (11-03-13),Sicilian (12-03-13),stev214 (09-04-13),suityou69 (29-03-13),uscool (11-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As the OE-Alliance OnDemand player is now live and in the image feeds i'm closing the BETA thread, this will now be the only official support thread for this plugin on the only official forum for the OE-Alliance OnDemand player.

please leave any comments, suggestions or bug reports in this thread and thank you as ever for your continued support of the ViX team and the OE-Alliance.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Blu-ray (21-03-13),cbr900 (12-03-13),DeGea468 (05-05-13),Foxylady (27-03-13),jareks49 (12-03-13),jgc115 (11-03-13),mickd (11-03-13),Midnight (12-03-13),shizik (12-03-13),twol (11-03-13),uscool (11-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I tried it last night to watch Shetland episode 1 and it worked perfectly thank you all for the hard work that has gone into this brilliant plugin
    The "preferred stream quality" is missing from my config menu ,it was installed from the beta thread on ver626 and i have updated to 629 this morning

6. The Following User Says Thank You to edogg For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Tried to download from the extensions this morning on my client ET5000 (VIX 626), basically vanilla system plus remotestream channelconverter.......

unable to allocate memory
    unpack of .......... failed

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Works a Treat.... Excellent Job ..!
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb
    Vix 3.0 Hopefully I've been of some help, can't get it right all the time, but remember the Thanks button

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edogg View Post
    I tried it last night to watch Shetland episode 1 and it worked perfectly thank you all for the hard work that has gone into this brilliant plugin
    The "preferred stream quality" is missing from my config menu ,it was installed from the beta thread on ver626 and i have updated to 629 this morning
    as stated in the original post:
    all dependencies are built directly into the feeds so no need to run any telnet commands etc. you will however have to delete any previous version first before you download the latest version from the feeds.

Title
    Thanks
    any news about " problem retrieving stream url " on 4OD ?

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    don'r forget 'YOU MUST REMOVE THE THE OLD VERSION FIRST, BEFORE INSTALLING FROM FEEDS'
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Just tried it and the image looks superb thank you. However I have a problem with ondemand.
    The RTE and 3 players work fine but on BBC iplayer and ITV player I get the following error message (unable to find playable stream) and on 4 on demand I get error (problem retrieving stream url). Any ideas?

Regards nml

Sorry judge VU Duo, Vix 3, build 629 Location Spain.
    Last edited by nml; 12-03-13 at 13:56. Reason: More info

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    Just tried it and the image looks superb thank you. However I have a problem with ondemand.
    The RTE and 3 players work fine but on BBC iplayer and ITV player I get the following error message (unable to find playable stream) and on 4 on demand I get problem retrieving streamurl. Any ideas?

Regards nml
    We really shooting in the dark here with this.
    As asked in the original post:
    If reporting any issues, please state image, build number & the country you are trying to view from.

Title
    Thanks
    just would like to say great work
    can i add one button short cut for
    OnDemand player like ( epg button ) ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    We really shooting in the dark here with this.
    As asked in the original post:
    Sorry 1st post amended.

nml

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi

Would it be possible to tweek the viewer to show series in date order example on itv new series broadchurch has two episodes but the latest is at the top can that be changed so first episode is first then 2 - 3 etc under it

By the way good work by all thoses involved in this project making the vu a front runner in satellite technology

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: OE-Alliance OnDemand player official support and discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sgate View Post
    just would like to say great work
    can i add one button short cut for
    OnDemand player like ( epg button ) ?
    To be honest I dont think that would be a good idea. You can however access it via two clicks, ie blue button > ondemand. Or menu > ondemand

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

SIMPLES.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

philmein (12-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Enigma2-01-01-1970_01-00-17.logEnigma2-01-01-1970_01-00-17.logEnigma2-01-01-1970_01-00-17.logEnigma2-01-01-1970_01-00-17.logEnigma2-01-01-1970_01-00-17.log
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    The RTE and 3 players work fine but on BBC iplayer and ITV player I get the following error message (unable to find playable stream) and on 4 on demand I get error (problem retrieving stream url). Any ideas?

Regards nml

VU Duo, Vix 3, build 629 Location Spain.
    Log attached.

nml
    Last edited by nml; 12-03-13 at 20:32.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast