Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: movies from pc to vu+ duo no go

Title
    Thanks
    downloaded zip file attached

double click reg file to do the regedit thing for you

it'll add values for you

then download hotfix and run that
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    i'm a bit worride cuzz it says the hotfix can feck my pc up,thanks

ok did the regedit thing just got to get the hot fix now

Title
    Thanks
    ok but where the hotfix on that page mate
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2171571

Title
    Thanks
    its a email link

ms send you file location and password

Title
    Thanks
    i got that but nothing happend when i install it i need the 64bit one mate
    thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Tried everything suggested here, still can't see my p.c files. Can someone please post exactly what info to put in mount manager if your laptop's i.p is 192.168.1.100 and the shared folder is C:\share??

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by denis1501 View Post
    Tried everything suggested here, still can't see my p.c files. Can someone please post exactly what info to put in mount manager if your laptop's i.p is 192.168.1.100 and the shared folder is C:\share??
    Been following this thread closely and im also having trouble getting media player to see shared drives / folders. Got the hotfix and made the registry changes but still cant see it, not sure i have this shares mounted properly though as this is the first time ive attempted mounting of a drive. Would also be interested to see what settings are needed in mount manager.

Title
    Thanks
    i still carnt ether,what windows you useing i got win7 64bit wheres the hotfix mate i did get one but it was for the 32bit.
    thanks

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    I've also been following this closely I have the same problems using Win XP no matter what I cannot get it to see my PC drive(s), It sees the PC on the network but even though I have shared my whole C drive it will not show up the drive on the Duo anywhere

Title
    Thanks
    You could try cycling the power on your Duo.
    I had an issue two days ago where I wanted to dismount the volume with the network share on it so that I could rebuild its directory. When that was done, and I'm not sure if this part is relevant, I forgot to re-enable file sharing before I tried to find the shared volume from the Duo. It didn't take long to realise this, but getting the Duo to see the network share was not at all easy. Rescanning or restarting the network didn't help; setting up a new mount point didn't help. Finally, I repowered the Duo, and there was my network share!

(openPLI image)

Title
    Thanks
    no good mate thanks anyway,this is realy doing my head in,does anyone know if you can pause a recording so you don't record the adverts,vu+ duo
    thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I set up a cifs share on my pc so I could watch movies on my VU+ Duo. I sturuggled to set it up using mount manager but if you select browse network it should list all the things it can see on your network. Select the shared folder and use one of the coloured buttons to create the mount point (not sure which button, but its's listed at the top of the screen). You should then see the the share when you typ df -h at the command line or the name of the shared folder in media player. This works fine for me using Winders XP and Open Pli image on my VU+ Duo.

HTH

Chunkey

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkey View Post
    ... if you select browse network it should list all the things it can see on your network...
    That's the part that caused me trouble the other night. Until I restarted the box, it steadfastly refused to see the shared folder.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkey View Post
    You should then see the the share when you typ df -h at the command line or the name of the shared folder in media player.

HTH

Chunkey
    Not sure where to type this in? I have shared 2 drives on my PC. Do i need to share folders also? I have made the registry change, applied the hotfix (Win7 64bit). Power cycled the VU+. I can see the PC, but i dont see anything shared on it?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The df -h is a unix/linux command and is typed when you log into your VU + box (it will then list all the mounted file systems. Sorry but I cannot comment on your Windows 7 setup as I am still running XP.

Cheers

Chunkey

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast