Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Player for Android now available on Google Play

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The App works by linking to your phone's wifi. Wifi must be enabled.
    See post #101.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner786 View Post
    Iis there a guide somewhere here?
    can watch on wifi but cannot connect to receiver when not connected to wifi.
    Trusty old 1st Generation VU+ Duo HD : 750GB Internal 7200rpm HDD / CrossEpg / Fixed dish 28.2e

Title
    Thanks
    Can't find this anywhere on the Play Store. I had the old version on my phone, and that updated to 2.0 but I can't find a way of installing this on my tablet, because it's no longer in "My Apps" on the play store either. Can anyone offer any help?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Has anyone reported the disappearance from Google Play to the supplier?

In case not I've just submitted a bug report to them.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Has anyone reported the disappearance from Google Play to the supplier?

In case not I've just submitted a bug report to them.
    The best person to contact would be the OP of this thread, as he is the Author and primary developer of this app, although I have not seen him on site in a while.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    I have tried to contact him several times, but to no avail.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Announcement

As you may have noted, Vu+ Player for Android is not any longer available on Google Play. Since its removal, I have received an overwhelming amount of e-mails asking me from where it can be downloaded along with the usual bug reports, feature requests and questions for support and so forth. Since my free time is limited, I simply don’t have the time required to reply to all these e-mails, even if I wished I could do so. Therefore, here is an update from me.

Vu+ Player has become a very feature rich and stable app since its first release and since Vu+ first contacted me, nearly 3 years ago, asking me to develop the app for them. It was the first app to support an internal video player and to support transcoding . The user-interface was controversial since it did not adhere to standard Android design although the user-interface has always been one of those features which users have told us they appreciate the most due to its simplicity and ease of use. We have implemented mutual ideas but also feature requests from you users. Some time ago Vu+ Player reached a milestone with more than 100000 active installations. Nor I or Vu+ would never have thought we would achieve such a success and reach out to so many users when we first started this project.

My collaboration with Vu+ has now come to an end unless plans are changed in the future. I have sent Vu+ an updated version of Vu+ Player which addresses some incompatibility issues with Lollipop but not all open issues have unfortunately been resolved. To know if and when and where this update will be published (and the future of Vu+ Player), you will need to contact directly Vu+ or watch out for announcements here on the forums or their webpage.

That said, I wish to thank:

-Vu+ for the mutual collaboration in the last years and their professionalism in general. I wish them all the best with their future endeavors.

-all the image teams with whom I have worked closely in the past years during the development of Vu+ Player. With no special order, my thanks go to Black Hole, OpenVIX, VTi and OpenPLI and their members.

-all the beta-testers (you know who you are!)

-two beta-testers who unfortunately are not with us anymore, namely BigED and paolino from the BH-team and the Vu+ Community forum. Rest in peace!

-all you users who downloaded and installed Vu+ Player on your devices. I hope you are enjoying the app just as much as I have enjoyed developing it for Vu+

What regards me, I am currently concentrating on iOS development although I hope I will finally find the necessary time to update my Android app AndroidDreamer which was among the first apps which permitted streaming in LAN and remotely. It has not been updated for nearly 3 years but is still used by thousands of users and has lots of room for improvement.

My best wishes to you all for the upcoming holiday season.

Take care and kind regards,

tilleke (aka moster67)
    Last edited by tilleke; 23-12-14 at 16:32.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tilleke For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (03-02-15),cactikid (29-12-14),Ev0 (23-12-14),irishchris (24-12-14),Larry-G (23-12-14),mcquaim (23-12-14),s1m0nw (23-12-14),Sicilian (27-12-14),The Lambton Worm (27-12-14),timofee (23-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Well that's a bit disappointing... if VU+ decide to not update the app on the Play store, then there is no way for us to install it. That leaves people the only option of searching for "alternate" sources, and in this day and age, that's not a safe option.

I have submitted a bug report on the VU+ website regarding the availability of the app, but to be honest, VU+ seem pretty unresponsive to any type of request in my experience. I hope they pull their finger out, because they advertise the app on their website, when clearly it's not the case if the Android app is totally unavailable.

Just to be clear, I consider the availability of the app as a VU+ responsibility, so please don't take my comments as being directed at you (tilleke). I know from personal experience that supporting multi-platforms is a nightmare, and very quickly eats up any and all spare time. So it makes perfect sense to focus on just the one.

I wish you well with your iOS development.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeC22 View Post
    Just to be clear, I consider the availability of the app as a VU+ responsibility, so please don't take my comments as being directed at you (tilleke). I know from personal experience that supporting multi-platforms is a nightmare, and very quickly eats up any and all spare time. So it makes perfect sense to focus on just the one.

I wish you well with your iOS development.
    Thanks for the thumbs up for my iOS development but it has nothing to do with Vu+ or Enigma/Satellite in general. It is just a hobby of mine which I have decided to explore further.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    VU published version 2.2 at http://www.vuplus.com/sub/sub0110.php

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

Donnie (29-12-14),LeeC22 (29-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Shame they haven't incorporated the EPG issue for techno mate receivers..

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pz8l8t View Post
    Shame they haven't incorporated the EPG issue for techno mate receivers..
    Maybe ask technomate for some support
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Maybe ask technomate for some support
    you'r more likely to get a answer from TM than from Vu+, at least thats my experience any way.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    you'r more likely to get a answer from TM than from Vu+, at least thats my experience any way.
    Not with a Vu+ app surely
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, but think the issue is with the key mappings in the app rather than any issues with the techno mate receivers. Post the issue earlier in this thread and telleke said he would try and take a look. Guess he never found time.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Not with a Vu+ app surely
    Just in general.

SIMPLES.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast