Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nbox BSLA Enigma2 HD Dual Tuner 250 Gb

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    As much as some of the bad things i have said about the Alien boxes, most of them were directed at the Alien2 which has the STi 7162 chipset not the STi7100 or STi7101 chipsets. I got my Alien SHD8900 running quite nicely before it stopped working, it was a pity the same couldn't have been said about the Alien2. I can quite honestly say the Alien2 was the worst box i have ever had the displeasure of owning.

The good thing i find about the nBox is that you don't have the crappy Spark system to worry about taking up half the space available in Flash. This is what attracted me to this box, plus the twin tuner and Harddrive. Its a cheap box that will hopefully do the job its been purchased for.

If you really think about it in essence all it is, is like a jail broken Sky+ HD Box, just with a bit more memory and better software. I haven't managed to find out what Chipset a Sky+ HD box uses unfortunately to make a complete analogy

I'm not expecting this box to be all singing all dancing, i'm just expecting it to work and do what it says it does. I have my other boxes for running plugins and stuff like that with.

I may try to set it up so my Gigablue can record to the HDD in it but that will probably be about it.

Mr Mister, i have 3 other boxes running VIX, plus the nBox is mainly for the kids to use

I just want something new to play with, plus it will keep the kids away from my boxes

I can finally delete all the stuff from Nickelodeon that's filling up the hard drive on my TM-2T.
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 19-02-13 at 17:42.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

2. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (19-02-13)

Title
    Thanks
    nanochickin i ordered mine last wednesday. the guy i got my off get it from poland unmoddfied and does the soldering etc... i read reviews of people saying once set up. will compete with the high end market. the reason why i got one was for record one channel watch another. good epg and simple layouts. plus lots of plug ins

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Was it Euro Trans you had it from by any chance?
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    yes mate it was. he says 7 days from ordering to delivery. i spoke to him yesterday and he said i will receive it tomorrow (fingers crossed)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chriss171 For This Useful Post:

manicscrewdriver (19-02-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    It uses a chipset similar to the Amiko Alien SHD8900 so i have no idea how ell the E2 plugins would work on it. Should be interesting to find out though

Title
    Thanks
    considering this is my second box as im new to this its gunna be a challenge lol ive currently got open box x3 nothing like the nbox lol

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Oh dear lol

Be prepared for a very steep learning curve my friend

I'll help as much as i can but obviously due to forum rules there will be certain parts that you will be on your own with

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Personally would not touch these with a bargepole. Anything not broadcom based runs Enigma 2 poorly. These units from what I've read are hardware modified to run E2 and furthermore most sellers are only offering around 3 months warranty. Stick with XP1000, TM-Single or TM-2T if you want something competitively that work, has full warranty and best all runs ViX .
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I never purchased one in the end. I just bought the ultimo from the sponsor.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    My nBox5800SX came yesterday and i set it up for my daughter to use and i have to say i'm well impressed with it. I have it running PKT Nebula Zero with OSCam and it does what it says on the tin. Its not the fastest box in the world and it does lag a little when changing channels, although the CrossEPG plugin works well with it and recording on it isn't an issue either. I'm actually very impressed with it.

Its not at a standard yet where i would call it competitive against my other boxes, but its not bad at all

I will have to play with it more to decide how good it actually is but at the moment it looks promising considering the SH4 chipset it uses.

Nano

13. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

bassethound (21-02-13)

Title
    Thanks
    also recieved my nbox yesterday and i too am impressed. big jump and learning curve from openbox to nbox but thankfully i pick things up quickly. couldnt get oscamm to work on nebula 2 (dont know why) so used mgcamd config file and the mgcamd 135 easier to set up.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to chriss171 For This Useful Post:

bassethound (21-02-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Took me about 2 mins to set it up. I had already written the OSCam config files for it a few nights ago. All i had to do is install OSCam 1.20 SVN 8398 on it and its working absolutely peachy.

If your not used to it OSCam isn't the easiest emu to get you head round.

Nano

Title
    Thanks
    What plugins work with this box? I got one setup up emu etc all fine but want too try some plugins. Where did you get crossepg for this box? In the information screen it says 2013-01-18-MASTER Release 8.0.0

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    To be totally honest i don't really use that many plugins on any of my boxes, even the MIPS ones. The CrossEPG was already preinstalled in PKT Nebula

Don't expect the nbox to run all the available E2 plugins because it won't due to the limitations of the chipset. Most plugins are written to work on a MIPS box not an SH4 one.

If you are running a different image from PKT Nebula Zero you can use the cross epg IPK.file i have attached. It's for SH4 chipset receivers not MIPS based ones.

I haven't installed any other plugins on my nBox but it should be the same as most other Enigma2 receivers. Copy the uncompressed file (uncomress the downloaded file with WinRAR first) over to tmp folder on the box, CHMod (Change the files attributes) to 755 and install from blue button.

Nano

Title
    Thanks
    Hello sorry about this how do u install this to the box with the hdd ect i did it once and now forgot how to thank you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast