Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: needing help with which box to use

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

needing help with which box to use

hi my first post after browsing for a few weeks , mainly because trying to learn all about this stuff , anyway i have 2 s11 openboxes , 1 in living room i in bedroom , i am going to upgrade my box in the living room but want a twin tuner to record while i watch another channel , could anyone point me in the right direction as to which box is best and also which firmware /image to go for , any advice would be welcomed & appreciated

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    The TM2T is a great box for the price if all you want to do is record 1 channel & watch another.
    As for image, try them all out. My preference is obviously VIX.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

drx360 (28-01-13)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Would help if you specified a budget as there are severall twin tuner boxes but prices vary from just over £230+ to £400

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    wow thanks for the speedy reply , i will have a look at the technomate box

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thanks for reply , not too bothered about price as i want good one for living room and best advice from members

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    If price is not an issue than look at the SOLO2, Gigablue Quad or VU+ Ultimo

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    will do ,i will have a look at these one thanks for help

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    yeah, if money isn't an option, I'd look at the boxes Stanman suggests or even wait for the Duo2.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    looked a t all of these boxes ,really like the gigablue quad but there doesnt seem to be a lot of support just now for that one ,the technomate 2t or the v+solo2 are front runners just now unless anyone has other ideas thanks for all your advice

Title
    Thanks
    Hi i used to own openboxes, 2-3 weeks ago i upgraded to a twin tuner the TM-2T with vix loaded on it and i have to say what a fantastic bit of kit, does way more then i will ever need, tons of options great sound and picture,great support, twin tuner is great for my motorized and static, always used to wonder why people would spend huge amounts on a box when the openbox could do pretty much the same job, but now i own one i can definitely see the difference, well worth it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi drx360 thanks for reply ,i think im going to go with the vix myself just for the great support on here. my openbox in the living room is quite glitchy but the one upstairs is not so glitchy , did you experiance this yourself , because im quite new to all of this i didnt know wether it was the openbox , my broadband connection or dish ,im hoping your going to say its the box

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dougieduncan View Post
    hi drx360 thanks for reply ,i think im going to go with the vix myself just for the great support on here. my openbox in the living room is quite glitchy but the one upstairs is not so glitchy , did you experiance this yourself , because im quite new to all of this i didnt know wether it was the openbox , my broadband connection or dish ,im hoping your going to say its the box
    How are your free to air channels? If you're using some payerserver for card sharing (against our rules to discuss) that maybe your issue. No new receiver will ever cure your glitching if thats to blame.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

drx360 (29-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi my fta channels seem to be fine, my broadband is fairly poor , could it be that, as i say im quite new to all this , funny how my box upstairs seems to be fine

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    also some channels picture pixelates sometimes

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'd suggest you read the reply by Sicilian again before you get an infraction.