Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoBouquetMaker released by ViX!

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry for the newb question.
    Does this mean, I no longer need to update my "Mr Mister" Bouquet on my duo?
    I can use this as a replacement and it auto updates itself, as far as new channels and also any frequency changes ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 94941 View Post
    Sorry for the newb question.
    Does this mean, I no longer need to update my "Mr Mister" Bouquet on my duo?
    I can use this as a replacement and it auto updates itself, as far as new channels and also any frequency changes ?
    pretty much yes.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

skittle7 (18-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    We have done a very thorough search for info about German (Sky) channels. So far we found nothing. If you can provide us the info, we might be able to add (Sky)Germany to this plugin.
    Thanks Rob and Phoenix, but where do you pick up info for the other countries, eg UK and NL is there a particular type of file you are looking for or WEB site? Its a serious question, just need to know what type of information I am looking for that could help solve the problem - I have a German family friend that loves little projects like this, so maybe I can wind him up to go looking
    Solving this would be a big help to me in using the plugin ... and a timesaver

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    1- First of all we were aware that those providers provide STB's that are capable of updating the 'official' channel list. We still don't know this about German providers. Knowing that we went to
    2- look into the data transmitted by the transponders to see if we could find and decipher data providing that kind of info. Once we were able to use the data we went to
    3- look for information published by those providers about their channellists, so we could compare our results with the official lists.

So that's pretty much what should be done for any provider we want to add to AutoBouquetMaker (plus of course a huge amount of time to investigate and to adapt the plugin).
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 17-12-12 at 09:09.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

twol (17-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    This is a great move forward now I am used to the new layout and configurations I will never go back

All we need now is an automatic update for picons and I will never have to use Filezilla or DreamEdit again

Thanks for all your hard work

Stumpey

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpey View Post
    All we need now is an automatic update for picons and I will never have to use Filezilla or DreamEdit again
    I use picons from the feeds, so I never have to update them manually.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

s31teg (17-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Good call forgot about them.... job for when I get home

Any particular set ?

Stumpey
    Last edited by stumpey; 17-12-12 at 09:43. Reason: duff

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpey View Post
    Good call forgot about them.... job for when I get home
    Any particular set ?
    Well, that really depends on your taste. My absolute favourite is the tv-ocram.hd.transparant.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Congrats ViX team on yet another beautiful feature to an already SOLID image.

Couple of quick questions :

1. ABP News (which was Star News till sometime back) is an Asian news channel, which seems to have gone missing in the Autobouquet scan. How can I add it back in ?

2. I always prefer to keep a sub-set of my favorite channels. After running the Autobouquet, I downloaded the bouquets using Dreamboxedit 5.1.0.1 (latest version), got some duplicacy errors but otherwise everything went fine. I added "My favorites" folder (the built-in favorites is used by other family members) and added my channels to it and uploaded it back. Everything running perfectly fine....my question is, if I do a rescan using Autobouquet, do I need to recreate or update "my favorites" folder?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    [MOVED] : To a new thread HERE

I use picons from the feeds, so I never have to update them manually.
    Can you point me to how to set this up? Can I specify the path of picons folder as well (point to USB) ? Am missing a few picons for a new set of channels : UMP Movies, UMP Stars.
    Last edited by kunmun23; 17-12-12 at 11:40. Reason: off-topic..moved to new thread

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    This is going way off-topic: please ask new questions in a new thread.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Apologies....moved to a new thread HERE

This is going way off-topic: please ask new questions in a new thread.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Good Afternoon,

Is there any chance at the next version we will get the irish sports channels on ALL bouquets as the space is there for them? to be added like on the original auto bouquets? and fixing the missing SBO / BBC / Sport Interactive Channels?
    A great start and lighting fast,

Thanks Again

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    1- First of all we were aware that those providers provide STB's that are capable of updating the 'official' channel list. We still don't know this about German providers. Knowing that we went to
    2- look into the data transmitted by the transponders to see if we could find and decipher data providing that kind of info. Once we were able to use the data we went to
    3- look for information published by those providers about their channellists, so we could compare our results with the official lists.

So that's pretty much what should be done for any provider we want to add to AutoBouquetMaker (plus of course a huge amount of time to investigate and to adapt the plugin).
    Thanks Rob for your response, I guess I can start to understand the difficulties for Germany, where there is no total channel packaging such as Freesat or Sky(UK).
    Even on the Sky (Deutschland) receiver only the Sky channels are in a defined sequence, the rest (and mostly frequently accessed by Germans) are user programmed into 1->99...... then you have the 16? HD+ channels which use the same encryption but that is about the only connection.

Although the 2 Sky EPG's look different, I guess Sky (Deutschland) uses similar transmissions which can be picked up a la Sky UK - perhaps? ..... but it still wouldn't give you a list of ALL German stations only Sky.

Will think and discuss

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Why not copy Setanta & any other channels you want that are not in your chosen locations scan to your own custom bouquet?
    Next update should fix sky interactive channels.
    Because it's not as tidy as the AutoBouquet plugin which puts it in Sport where it belongs . I'm sure the new plugin is great, but I'm happy using AutoBouquet at the moment which also incorporates the Irish channels.

Why not at the end of the day? It's not like the new plugin separates ESPN, Chelsea TV or any other 'bolt on' channels which people may or not have access too, it includes them all regardless.

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast