Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoBouquetMaker released by ViX!

Title
    Thanks
    The welsh regions are HTV Wales HD/SD ,HTV West HD/SD, HTV West-Thames Valley HD/SD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Anybody willing to test these should backup their xml files first. Please check the swapchannels and chanenlsontop file section of xml files forsy for changes. I have modified the names too, feel free to sugegst better ones.

There is no Vix for SD receivers, this prompted post 535. If we don't need them, then they can be omitted. This will result in smaller list of regions to toggle through. Does it matter as it is a once in while activity?

I have left the Wales regions in the England xml. Only one pair of regions mentioned post 538 had S4/C. Didn't want to get rid of them if still needed.

I have not tested every region, so would be gerateful for feedback. Also I use the third party plugin and not ABM. I am unsure as to whether the Entertainment section is meant to include the swapped HD channels. They are in the all channels and HD sections.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bassethound (17-12-13),seame (21-01-14),sigpark (17-12-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Anybody willing to test these should backup their xml files first. Please check the swapchannels and chanenlsontop file section of xml files forsy for changes. I have modified the names too, feel free to sugegst better ones.

There is no Vix for SD receivers, this prompted post 535. If we don't need them, then they can be omitted. This will result in smaller list of regions to toggle through. Does it matter as it is a once in while activity?

I have left the Wales regions in the England xml. Only one pair of regions mentioned post 538 had S4/C. Didn't want to get rid of them if still needed.

I have not tested every region, so would be gerateful for feedback. Also I use the third party plugin and not ABM. I am unsure as to whether the Entertainment section is meant to include the swapped HD channels. They are in the all channels and HD sections.
    @abu baniaz - I will test tonight. Thank you for all of your great help.

@andyblac please see my post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post251822 It contains a skyie.xml attached that is correct for Sky Northern Ireland. I used the file that you committed in your post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post250419 which I amended for BBC 1 HD NI swap, as well as the HD Bouquet order so that the line up was BBC1 NI HD / BBC NI 2 HD / UTV HD / Channel 4 HD / Channel 5 HD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

@abu baniaz - I have tested the six xml files. I have used various "swap" yes/no, and checked the HD order, as well as "all channels" order. As example I have noted that regions of Scotland receive BBC Scotland and Wales get BBC Wales and ITV Wales accordingly. Ireland and N. Ireland look good from all respects. On the UK regions, I confirm the .xml works fine, but I am not overly familiar with all of the region variations so cannot be 100% on channels by UK region; that said it all looks good. Great work

On the FreeSat options, I am not sure what G2 is against many of the listings? Have tested London/South HD - looks good.

BBC 1 NI HD-17122013-201.jpg

Last thing, during testing I happened to notice that some "help" text was masked in ABM (marked in red) - I never noticed before or knew the feature was there. I checked with older.xml files and condition was same - so nothing to do with files you posted.

BBC 1 Scot HD-17122013-1945.jpg
    Last edited by sigpark; 17-12-13 at 21:24.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello, sorrry if this is the wrong thread, but $ly sports HD 1 has changed its frequency and autobouquets picks up the old channel (maybe because it is transmitting a blank screen) does someone need to manually change this or will it eventually sort itself out?
    Thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Working fine for me.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (05-01-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Hello, sorrry if this is the wrong thread, but $ly sports HD 1 has changed its frequency and autobouquets picks up the old channel (maybe because it is transmitting a blank screen) does someone need to manually change this or will it eventually sort itself out?
    Thanks.

It not a freq change it's your card thingymejig of which talk isn't welcome or supported here hope that's ok mods!

Also @ Abu baniaz thank you for your hard work but I don't know how to alter files etc but I'm willing to learn!

Title
    Thanks
    I've downloaded the file in post 539 and applied to ABM (thanks to all involved). I now have all the NI HD swapped with the SD channels in the main bouquet only, I've been looking at the .xml file and was wondering if there is a way to modify it so the Hd swap applies to the entertainment bouquet?

I'm not holding out much hope as if it was possible to do so it would already have been done.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks to all who created and maintain ABM. I have been using it for a while now but I only run it manually which obviously restricts one of its main benefits. The problem is that I have a 'Favourites TV' bouquet which the family have now become familiar with and they use the number keys on the remote to quickly select the first 9 of those favourites. As ABM sorts other bouquets to the end then I have to manually shift the favourites to the top of the list after each new scan. That's not a problem but is the reason why I don't run ABM daily.

Is there some other utility which I could run after ABM to re-order the bouquets? Or is there some other workaround such that I can get my favourites bouquet to stay at the top? Or should I somehow re-educate the family?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    You can easily set your favourites to be the main (first) bouquet.
    Just enable expert mode & work through the options.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

nexstar (25-01-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanks for that. I had it set in expert mode but hadn't realised that you could specify the main bouquet. I had managed to complicate things even further as I discovered that I was creating bouquets with both Freesat and Sky providers and my Favourites (TV) bouquet was ending up way down the list of bouquets. It's all good now though and a daily scan has now been scheduled .

Thanks again.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    A few of the really nice features of this plugin as follows.

This plugin currently supports 15 different providers as detailed below

AustriaSat 19.2 East
    Canal Digitaal HD 19.2 East
    Canal Digitaal SD 19.2 East
    Czech Republic 23.5 East
    Freesat 28.2 & 28.5 East
    Mobistar FR 19.2 East
    Mobistar NL 19.2 East
    SKY Italy 13.0 East
    Sky UK 28.2 & 28.5 East
    Slovak Republic 23.5 East
    TéléSATHD 19.2 East
    TéléSAT SD 19.2 East
    TVSat 13.0 East
    TV Vlaanderen HD 19.2 East
    TV Vlaanderen SD 19.2 East

This plugin has been coded from the ground up in C+ and python which means it's very fast and does not need any form of service scan prior to using, it can be run from a totally virgin setup in around 60 to 80 seconds flat.

This plugin as the name suggests is a Bouquet Maker that where possible will exactly mirror the provider it has been setup for, for example if setup for sky uk and freesat it will exactly mirror the Sky uk / freesat channel number line up.

The plugin can detect if you have a free tuner ( as in if your using a multi tuner receiver ) and use that tuner, allowing you to continue to watch Live TV with very little interruption other than a spinner and a very brief progress bar. This allows you to manually run the plugin during say a advert break with as little interruption possible. If however you dont have a free tuner as in the case of say a Vu solo dont fret as the plugin will temporarily take over the tuner while retaining it's speed allowing you to run it during a advert break if needed.

This plugin can detect your tuner configuration and will only present you with the providers that correspond to that configuration setup. for example in the above screen shots you can see my setup for sky uk and freesat, without listing all the other providers the plugin supports but can not tune into due to my own setup.
    Hi.

Great job!!!

Is it possible to add more providers???

I have modified one provider's file:
    Code:
    <provider>
    	<name>Digital+ Astra</name>
    	<protocol>fastscan</protocol>
    	<!-- namespace could change even on the same sat...
    	     in case of use the service hacks to fix it -->
    	<namespace>c00000</namespace>
    	<transponder frequency="11038000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="1"
    		fec_inner="4" orbital_position="192" inversion="2" system="0"
    		modulation="1" roll_off="0" pilot="2"
    		nit_pid="0x10" nit_current_table_id="0x40" nit_other_table_id="0x41"
    		fastscan_pid="0x10" fastscan_table_id="0x40" />
    	<sections>
    		<section number="1">Digital+</section>
    	</sections>
    	<servicehacks>
    <![CDATA[
    if service["number"] > 999 or service["number"] < 1:
    	skip = True
    ]]>
    	</servicehacks>
    </provider>
    but when i launch the scan i get the message "cannot read data"...

is it correct?? or for this provider is it possible??

thanks and regards.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There were some changes a while back, as we have have no updates on teh 3.0 images, can somone upload the latest version with the updated xmls? People can the remove existing one and install the latest one. They are available on the other OE alliance images. I'd be grateful if someone can teach how do download it too? I can view the xmls on the GIT, but don't know how to download them.

I can download version 91 from receiver.

Thanks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    There were some changes a while back, as we have have no updates on teh 3.0 images, can somone upload the latest version with the updated xmls? People can the remove existing one and install the latest one. They are available on the other OE alliance images. I'd be grateful if someone can teach how do download it too? I can view the xmls on the GIT, but don't know how to download them.

I can download version 91 from receiver.

Thanks.

Here's the latest version of the OE-A plugins folder from the GIT, containing among other things ABM.

Create a free GIThub account and you should then see the option to download files as in the screen shot.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (11-02-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I hope I'm in the right forum for this post.

Autobouquetsmaker not working now in south west Spain/Portugal . They are no longer getting the BBC radio channel that ABM needs. Is there a work around?

thanks

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast