Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: AFP root password

Title
    Thanks

AFP root password

Hi, what is the username and password to connect to my Vu Duo on latest Vix via AFP? I can connect as guest but this doesn't give me write access.

Thanks
    Last edited by joetwizzy; 10-12-12 at 18:51.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    as i have said i a previous thread, only guess access is allowed currently, just set your share folder on box with public write access, this can be in via a FTP application.

or via telnet

Code:
    chmod -R 777 /media/hdd
    the above command will give public write access to your mount '/media/hdd'
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    I get a CHMOD error.? The internal HDD is fine but the external USB isn't. It's mac filesystem. Can the box write to this?

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joetwizzy View Post
    I get a CHMOD error.? The internal HDD is fine but the external USB isn't. It's mac filesystem. Can the box write to this?
    ah, never tried that.

can you do the below command in telnet.

Code:
    mount
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

joetwizzy (13-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyblac View Post
    ah, never tried that.

can you do the below command in telnet.

Code:
    mount
    Yes I can do it although the drive has already been mounted on the box automatically. I can read the drive.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes I can do it although the drive has already been mounted on the box automatically. I can read the drive.
    yes, and why i need to see the result, just type 'mount' in telnet and nothing after it.
    D I S C L A I M E R

8. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

joetwizzy (15-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    root@vuduo:~# mount
    rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
    ubi0:rootfs on / type ubifs (rw,sync,relatime)
    devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=69072k,nr_inodes=17268,mode=755)
    proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
    sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
    tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k)
    /dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=writeback)
    /dev/sdb1 on /media/usb type hfsplus (ro,relatime,umask=0,uid=0,gid=0,nls=utf8)
    /dev/sdb2 on /media/sdb2 type hfsplus (ro,relatime,umask=0,uid=0,gid=0,nls=utf8)
    tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
    usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
    devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
    nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw,relatime)
    root@vuduo:~#

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    r/dev/sdb1 on /media/usb type hfsplus (ro,relatime,umask=0,uid=0,gid=0,nls=utf8)
    /dev/sdb2 on /media/sdb2 type hfsplus (ro,relatime,umask=0,uid=0,gid=0,nls=utf8)
    mounted as READONLY, i will see if the kernel supports RW, give me a little time

cheers andy.

edit:

after a quick search:

You need to turn off the journaling if you want to write to it from Linux. Linux only has support for writing to non-journaled HFS+ volumes.
    On your Mac:

• Open Disk Utility under Applications -> Utilities
    • Select the volume to disable journaling on.
    • Choose Disable Journaling from the File menu. (On later Mac OS versions you'll have to hold down the option button when you click the File menu. Or if you like Apple+J)

D I S C L A I M E R

11. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

joetwizzy (15-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    thank you very much. This seems to have worked. However I'm having a little problem. WIth AFP or SMB when I connect I get HardDisk (internal) Movie Folder Root and USB ... MY HDD has 2 partitions. Although both partitions are mounted it isnt showing SDB2 in that list.
    If I try accessing it via Root > Media .. the media folder doesn't load anything, it appears empty.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thank you very much. This seems to have worked. However I'm having a little problem. WIth AFP or SMB when I connect I get HardDisk (internal) Movie Folder Root and USB ... MY HDD has 2 partitions. Although both partitions are mounted it isnt showing SDB2 in that list.
    If I try accessing it via Root > Media .. the media folder doesn't load anything, it appears empty.
    ok in

blue button --> ViX --> MountManager

setup your mounts, GREEN BUTTON

so that you mount to USB for the first partition, and USB2 for the second, this should then allow to access then via AFP.
    D I S C L A I M E R

14. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

joetwizzy (17-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    After doing that and saving it the box wants to reboot, after it does the settings do not save.