Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can't get VIX working on my Solo

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    That's it, you can now remove the USB stick and turn the mains power off then back on. Once you turn the power back on again the green LED in the display window should be constant and it'll just be a black screen on the TV, you must wait a good while now, longer than you'd imagine, then eventually the VU+ setup wizard screen will appear and you are good to go!
    Thanks Stanman, I'll try it again tomorrow — I've had enough for today but your description of light sequences is exactly what's happening so it looks like I'm just not waiting long enough after flashing.

Many thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread so far.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    how are you powering box off at back if its a solo?

One thing i noticed is if you get a steady green but a light flashing on usb let the light on usb steady then see if it has flashed.... this happened and worked for me a while back.
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Solo
    Gigablue HD 800 SE

All with latest vix image - Autobouquets - SgtFlipflop 28.2e Picons - WebradioFS

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    You will know when your solo has finished flashing when you see a green led light flashing on the front of the solo..

Are you getting this.. ?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes — flashing green light on solo (see video).

Powering off with a remote controlled mains socket.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    If you got the box from the site sponsor, you can be sure it's an original box.
    I have 2 solos, one two years old, the other 7 months old, both have been flashed 100's of times without issue.
    Can you get any working image on the box now?
    If so, try formatting the USB stick using the box rather than your mac.
    All usb sticks I use, formatted by the box or on windows, linux have never failed me.
    Also, have you tried downloading the image again? maybe your download is corrupt?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, last night I flashed it and left it all night with the solid green light but this morning — nothing.

The guy from WOS who sold me the box suggested formatting my cards with this: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...SB-Format-Tool

I've tried three different ones — all the same result — nothing.

Yet it flashes back to VTI with no problem whatsoever.

Completely baffled now.

Any of you live anywhere near Southport?

PS... I even tried using the Solo to format the card — nothing

Title
    Thanks

Re: Can't get VIX working on my Solo

have you been trying it just with one build? have you removed all usb itema eg wireless adaptor, usb storage etc.
    try downloading latest build and following above steps again. i know its frustrating but we will get it to come good in end

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Title
    Thanks
    I've tried the latest three builds — formatting the card each time.

The WOS guy replied with some suggestions which didn't work so I've asked him to send me a USB stick with VIX which he's tested and is working.

I await his response.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    What version of VTI is currently on the receiver ?. and have you tried any other Kernel 3.1.1 based images such as Black hole 1.7.8 or the newer AAF / Sif Team images ?.

Basically i'm trying to establish if you need to flash the latest bootloader or not.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    VTI is 4.2.4

Not tried Blackhole or any other.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbolgs View Post
    VTI is 4.2.4

Not tried Blackhole or any other.

well that version should mean that it does not need the bootloader, I would try another 3.1.1 kernel based image such as BH just to make sure they load. you could also just bite the bullet and flash the bootloader but be careful if you do as that is akin to a bios flash on a PC and if it goes wrong it can kill the box.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Just flashed it to Blackhole 1.7.8 successfully although halfway through the wizard I switched it off and have gone back to VTI because the missus just got up (she's been on nights).

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    jim, do you have a serial cable that you can connect to a pc whilst you are flashing, and use putty to be able to create a boot log? This should show us the problems you appear to be having whilst trying to flash...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    No, I don't, sorry. I have a 2011 MacBook Pro which just has USB etc. I am running Parallels for windows stuff but I have no serial port.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbolgs View Post
    No, I don't, sorry. I have a 2011 MacBook Pro which just has USB etc. I am running Parallels for windows stuff but I have no serial port.
    OK, no prob. Just that it would work perfectly to give us an idea of how to get it sorted. Running osx here, and use coolterm (andy prefer zterm, but I think coolterm is a bit better ). All you need is a usb -> serial adapter. Sponser sells em for £7. But I understand you not wanting to get one for a one off Personally, I just borrowed one from work

But, if you can flash all the others, then there's no reason you shouldn't be able to flash vix. You are defintely download the solo image, not duo etc? And it still has the same folder layout?
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast