Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Problem with sharpness

Title
    Thanks

Problem with sharpness

Hi there

I got gigablue quad and installed Open AAF on it, as it is the only Open 2.0 image there is currently.

I really love the HD glass skin, but I have a problem with the image (I guess with all skins, but on the HD glass it is very visible as the font is thin). When I reboot the GUI is like it would be heavily distorted somehow, it is not thin any more. I have to go to AV settings and choose 720p and then again 1080p and then it is usually ok, but today I got to a point I could not get the nice GUI any more. Changing skin didn't help. Going into standby and back it is OK. Any ideas? I don't think this is TV problem because the screen is always same, only GUI is bad.

There is also some image problems, I hope it can be software corrected. The channels are really much more "compressed" looking (especialy logo) than on my DM800HD :-(

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Most of your problems are drivers related..

We are all in the same boat at the moment..

We just have to wait for Gigablue to release a new set of drivers..

They sorted the SE and UE pretty quickly.. So i dont think we will have to wait too long for new drivers for the Quad.. That will hopefully fix all our problems..

Title
    Thanks
    So indeed you have all sort of wierd problems with picture/GUI too much or too little or too wierd sharpness or distortion?

The box seems great, just this is a little annoying but I'll wait. I just wish it is not hardware related.

What exactly are drivers? I mean they are not in the image, are they in the loader? I am not very familiar with Enigma or Linux kernel structure. Is driver = kernel? Or will the drivers be in the image once they are out? Are drivers preventing going to kernel 3?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    in another board I read that new drivers are out and they should fix quite some bugs.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    I have updated the drivers, this problem stil exists.
    Last edited by jerry2; 25-10-12 at 20:35.

Title
    Thanks
    jerry i got some drivers and for me the problem is solved. sharpness scaler works.

Title
    Thanks
    Sharpness of the picture is OK with new drivers, sharpness after reboot of gui and image is not fixed yet.

Title
    Thanks
    Does it only sharp the picture or does it actually fix the picture quality issues? that's one important thing.