Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ViX Team and the TM-Twin, why we’ve not released it yet

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

Exclamation ViX Team and the TM-Twin, why we’ve not released it yet

A few days ago a person once considered as a friend to the ViX team who was also a V.I.P member of the forum and held in high regard, betrayed our trust by releasing a very unstable BETA build of ViX image for the TM-Twin.

This person who will remain unnamed was given help by the ViX team so that he could privately build ViX images for the TM-Twin with the express purpose of testing, and was asked not to release these BETA images until the ViX Team could officially deem them stable enough for general release. However instead of this person respecting our wishes he repaid the help given by going against us and publicly releasing a very unstable BETA build with serious driver issues, saying 'well its opensource'. and claiming he was on some kind of mission???

Yes, we totally agree, everything ViX does is opensource, but we ask that you please respect the teams wishes and do not publicly release BETA images until stable and fit for release!

Moving on from the above farce we've decided to post this statement to let TM-Twin owners the real situation and what is going on behind the scenes.

Since approximately April 2012 we have been working very closely with Technomate’s developers providing help, advice, debugging, testing, building images etc…

We have been through numerous Linux kernels, driver updates and hundreds ViX builds in order to provide TM-Twin owners a stable working image. As a team we have submitted many thousands of man hours debugging the drivers and testing various functions to ensure when our base image is released it passes our stringent quality standards. Quite often Andyblac and members of the team would be working late until the early hours co-ordinating driver issues with developers in Korea to ensure the driver engineers understand our issues. This work we have provided in the background has been constant and endless. So to see this person release this image for his own gratification was disappointing to say the least, especially when users started to thank him for "his hard work on the image".

Let me make it clear, this person and he knows who he is, has never contributed any thing towards the work we, the ViX team do, all he has done is build a copy of our BETA image using freely available tools and knowledge, and then decided to release the subsequent BETA image, without even testing the basic functions, which would have shown him why we classed it as unstable and unfit for use.

The Technomate driver engineers have been working around the clock for months to create stable drivers that can be used in with OE Enigma 2, quite often fixing one issue then breaking another function, which is what software development is all about. In our frustration we called these technicians incompetent.. but we should have understood then as we do now, what is involved in writing drivers for Linux Enigma 2 receivers and learned to live with failed drivers etc..

Please don't take this statement as an excuse to stay away from the TM-TWIN as it is not all bad news. We are actually very close to a release, and as of yesterday we have one remaining major issue to fix then we will commence final long term stability testing with the aim of a full release very soon.

The only Official supported TM-Twin ViX image will be posted here on this Forum and @ www.openvix.co.uk, no other release should be regarded as stable or should be used, as you could end up with a damaged non-booting receiver.

Please ignore the glory hunters and be patient for the ViX Team to make an official release, hopefully very soon.

We hope you understand why we go to the lengths we do to ensure the images released by us are as stable a possible.

Technomate are advising if you have flashed this unofficial BETA image to your receiver and if it has resulted in a damaged non-booting receiver to please contact them, they will repair free of charge providing the user covers shipping costs. Alternatively you can take the receiver directly to Technomate HQ in Edmonton, North London for repair, providing the hardware is not damaged they will do their utmost to provide a while you wait service.

Finally I'd like to end this statement by saying that this has not been posted to start a Forum/Individual bitching war. The sole intention was merely to advise the public of the truth and what is actually happening in the background, hopefully putting an end to any kind of accusations towards the ViX Team withholding release. Thank you for reading and your patience.

ViX team.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

bassethound (25-09-12),cypchris (25-09-12),Delagroov (25-09-12),fandang0 (25-09-12),flovv (30-09-12),FuManchu (25-09-12),judge (25-09-12),Larry-G (25-09-12),Maxwell (25-09-12),Mr. Mister (25-09-12),Rob van der Does (25-09-12),shonny (04-10-12)

digidude
    this last line is what all of this has been about, for months on end

putting an end to any kind of accusations towards the ViX Team withholding release.
    And nowhere at all, did i claim to be anything at all to do with vix team, or having any form of input at all to the vix team, and on no forums did anyone 'thank me for my hard work on the image' at all, nor did i even attempt to take any credit, in fact, numerous times i highlighted that i hadnt actually done anything to the image.

Now, get on the phone to 'you know who' and ask them how much they know, and have been talking about for the last few months, about 'leaks' etc, this was done to get him off my case, and to show what would happen, and to shut everyone up with the 'theories' about ViX being tied with Vu+ too much to release, which this statement has now achieved, even though i came out looking the cnut in it all

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

manic01 (25-09-12),mdt (27-09-12)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digidude View Post
    Now, get on the phone to 'you know who' and ask them how much they know
    If you've got something to catagorically state come out and do so here and now, you know the old saying, 'the truth always comes out in the end'. So if you know something we should know just say it.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

digidude
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    If you've got something to catagorically state come out and do so here and now, you know the old saying, 'the truth always comes out in the end'. So if you know something we should know just say it.

OK, this will cause even more of a storm than 'the release' and i KNOW for a fact that it will be denied

Ive been asked, for a while, to leak the image, and for many images, couldnt find major reasons why it wasnt released, but knew there must be something stopping it, for a while, even i thought it was because of the effect it will have on Vu+ sales, but, as pointed out, you also create for other brands, but nothing concrete was ever said, even though i know about nomerous driver issues, released sometimes 3 times a day.

then i was asked to 'take the vix image, as is, add a softcam as standard, and release it but call it Vox or Vax or something similar', i was also told 'then next drivers fix everything' when obviously they didnt

as you said, the truth will always come out in the end, and untill then, im the cnut in all of this, but, however long it takes, i can wait

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digidude View Post
    OK, this will cause even more of a storm than 'the release' and i KNOW for a fact that it will be denied

Ive been asked, for a while, to leak the image, and for many images, couldnt find major reasons why it wasnt released, but knew there must be something stopping it, for a while, even i thought it was because of the effect it will have on Vu+ sales, but, as pointed out, you also create for other brands, but nothing concrete was ever said, even though i know about nomerous driver issues, released sometimes 3 times a day.

then i was asked to 'take the vix image, as is, add a softcam as standard, and release it but call it Vox or Vax or something similar', i was also told 'then next drivers fix everything' when obviously they didnt

as you said, the truth will always come out in the end, and untill then, im the cnut in all of this, but, however long it takes, i can wait
    Ok so spill the beans, say it, who asked you to leak the image? Say it.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    i think we all know who hes talking about sicilian !!

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squig007 View Post
    Thats as maybe but if he is going to make the accusation at least have the balls to state it outright rather than just insinuate
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

judge (25-09-12),Mr. Mister (25-09-12)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I'm asking DD, accusation was made and question was asked.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (25-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    but the person will just deny it even if digi did name him !

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    What a childish argument - good job you are not a police officer until he names names its just more BS
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

digidude
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I'm asking DD, accusation was made and question was asked.
    PM sent.....

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Thats not the point. a accusation has been made to explain why a person who was up until now considered as trustworthy and held in the highest regard by not only the ViX team but several other forums and Satellite users alike, decided to break our trust in this manor. So we ask again if you or any one for that matter has proof and wishes to name names do so, otherwise dont bother and frankly we are not interested in baseless excuses concocted to shift blame.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (25-09-12),judge (25-09-12),Maxwell (25-09-12),Mr. Mister (25-09-12),Sicilian (25-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    A link to an openvix image was posted on the download for better site, if I remember correctly it was build 282. It has since been removed. This was the link http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/r...edback&num=298 When you go on the feedback section you can see the missing post between 297 and 299.

If it is glory hunting on the part of Digidude, he would have posted that file on his site. There's more to it than meets the eye.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    He did post the file on his site & it's no where near release quality yet.
    If you wan't a VIX release, wait for the official release rather than using these shit builds.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There's more to it than meets the eye.
    unless you can produce facts to back that up, your comments are nothing more than speculation, at the end of the day we placed a certain level of trust with this person and he decided for what ever reason to walk all over that trust, after all no one was holding a gun to his head forcing him to release the image.

if any one wants to provide proof to the admins of their claims, they are more than welcome to do so in a PM, as for this thread we have made our stance known and we stand by that. so with that i will close this thread for now before it gets out of hand, if sicilian decides to he can re-open the thread.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

judge (26-09-12),Maxwell (26-09-12),Sicilian (26-09-12)