Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: iPhone 5 is for old fogies, says new Samsung Galaxy S3 ad

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

iPhone 5 is for old fogies, says new Samsung Galaxy S3 ad

"The next big thing is already here," says Samsung -- and it ain't the iPhone 5. In a new advert for the Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung is once again taking aim at Apple fans, suggesting the iPhone is for old folks.
    In the ad, credulous hipsters queue for a new phone, white earbuds demonstrating their loyalty, even though Apple is never actually named. The queue-bunnies discuss the revelatory properties of a new headphone jack and dock connector, only to grow more and more disillusioned as they get closer to the front.
    The real kicker is that a guy with a Samsung Galaxy S3 is revealed to be saving a place in the queue -- for his parents! Hey kids -- the iPhone is for old fogies! Meanwhile, the S3 is shown beaming a playlist between two hip young bucks using the Android Beam NFC feature.

Click play below to see Samsung take a swing at the iPhone 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5-P..._embedded#t=0s

You'd think Samsung would have learned to just let its kit speak for itself, especially when that kit is as smoking hot as the excellent Galaxy S3. A recent advert listing the features of the two phones backfired when fans pointed out the list omitted important features such as the iPhone's superior pixel density, or any comparison between their two app stores.

The problem with ads attacking a rival is they feel a bit desperate. As the features listed in the advert show, the S3 has a lot going for it and deserves to stand on its own -- so why advertise it in reaction to an inferior rival?

Of course, that's not to say Apple is above bashing the competition... Apple just saves it for the courtroom.

C'mon guys, let's rise above this petty squabbling -- and let's stop taking snide pokes at potential customers.

What do you think of the Samsung advert? Does Samsung have a point about the lack of changes in the iPhone, or does the advert miss the point entirely? Tell me your thoughts in the comments

Code:
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/iphone-5-is-for-old-fogies-says-new-samsung-galaxy-s3-ad-50009253/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (20-09-12),Maxwell (20-09-12),Sicilian (20-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post

"The next big thing is already here," says Samsung -- and it ain't the iPhone 5. In a new advert for the Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung is once again taking aim at Apple fans, suggesting the iPhone is for old folks.
    In the ad, credulous hipsters queue for a new phone, white earbuds demonstrating their loyalty, even though Apple is never actually named. The queue-bunnies discuss the revelatory properties of a new headphone jack and dock connector, only to grow more and more disillusioned as they get closer to the front.
    The real kicker is that a guy with a Samsung Galaxy S3 is revealed to be saving a place in the queue -- for his parents! Hey kids -- the iPhone is for old fogies! Meanwhile, the S3 is shown beaming a playlist between two hip young bucks using the Android Beam NFC feature.

Click play below to see Samsung take a swing at the iPhone 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5-P..._embedded#t=0s

You'd think Samsung would have learned to just let its kit speak for itself, especially when that kit is as smoking hot as the excellent Galaxy S3. A recent advert listing the features of the two phones backfired when fans pointed out the list omitted important features such as the iPhone's superior pixel density, or any comparison between their two app stores.

The problem with ads attacking a rival is they feel a bit desperate. As the features listed in the advert show, the S3 has a lot going for it and deserves to stand on its own -- so why advertise it in reaction to an inferior rival?

Of course, that's not to say Apple is above bashing the competition... Apple just saves it for the courtroom.

C'mon guys, let's rise above this petty squabbling -- and let's stop taking snide pokes at potential customers.

What do you think of the Samsung advert? Does Samsung have a point about the lack of changes in the iPhone, or does the advert miss the point entirely? Tell me your thoughts in the comments

Code:
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/iphone-5-is-for-old-fogies-says-new-samsung-galaxy-s3-ad-50009253/
    By pushing ads like this, Samsung are only reinforcing the message that Apple is No 1, in the market.
    Now if Samsung were actually advertising improvements in their customer service, rather than negative marketing, then that might add value.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    By pushing ads like this, Samsung are only reinforcing the message that Apple is No 1, in the market.
    Now if Samsung were actually advertising improvements in their customer service, rather than negative marketing, then that might add value.
    load of rubbish, nothing wrong with having a laugh at a load of fanboys who sit for days in line to buy old overpriced tech just because it's apple.

I'm not saying i hate apple as i have a ipad2 and have had all the older model iphones upto the 4s but i wont be getting a iphone 5, im just not interested.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

paul362 (20-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Yeah I agree. Funny ad but not something I expect from a company hoping to be the market leader.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    load of rubbish, nothing wrong with having a laugh at a load of fanboys who sit for days in line to buy old overpriced tech just because it's apple.

I'm not saying i hate apple as i have a ipad2 and have had all the older model iphones upto the 4s but i wont be getting a iphone 5, im just not interested.
    Unfortunately Samsung are making fun of people they want to buy their phone, not a great PR message........... and some of the reworked ads pushing back at Samsung just make them look even more stupid..... but then again I only use my old Nokia to phone people so what do I know

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I personally thought the add was quite funny and yes it does point out some of the shortfalls of the overpriced iPhone if you ask me.

Also its nice to know that Apple have decided to charge for the converter lead for your new iPhone LOL just shows some people love there customers (so long as they have deep pockets)
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    iPhone 5 - designed to fit the palm of your hand exactly where your pension money used to be
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (20-09-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell View Post
    iphone 5 - designed to fit the palm of your hand exactly where your pension money used to be
    lololol love it
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.