Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: iOS 6 wi-fi glitches irk iPhone, iPad users

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

iOS 6 wi-fi glitches irk iPhone, iPad users

iPhone and iPad users experienced glitches with wi-fi connectivity on Wednesday just hours after the rollout of iOS 6.

Posts on the Digital Spy forums and Apple's own support messageboard raised the issue, reporting an inability to connect to wi-fi networks after being redirected to a faulty web page on Apple's site.

DS user interactiv-uk posted: "Has anyone else noticed wifi isn't working - If you try to join a wifi network you are re-routed to apple.com which then comes up with an error and drops your wifi connection!"

The bug was traced to iOS functionality that checks whether a hotspot login, such as those used by public access points, is needed prior to completing a wi-fi connection. Upon initiating a wi-fi connection, iPhones and iPads running iOS 6 check whether they are able to connect to a page on Apple's site - if successful, the connection completes; if not, the user is presented with a hotspot login window.

The page in question began returning "not found" rather than "success" messages shortly after iOS 6 rolled out, causing iPhones and iPads around the world to lose - and be unable to reliably re-establish - connection to wi-fi hotspots.

The issue was fixed at around 8pm Eastern Time (1am Thursday in the UK).
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (20-09-12)

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    And cannot connect to iTunes messages.

Sent from my iThing, using sorcery and the magic interweb.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TK4|2|1 For This Useful Post:

GeorgeXL (20-09-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    the wifi fix is now ok on my ipad3 and iTunes did work fine for me earlier as i had a few updates after installing ios6
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It turns out that when you connect to the wifi the i device checks with an apple website to see if the wifi needs a login like a hotspot...
    And the site it links to was down...
    Its meant to be OK now if not try clearing the devices browser cache..

Bit of an issue though if all i devices depend on a website being up to work....

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    personally i have no intention what so ever of updating my ipad2 to IOS 6.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    personally i have no intention what so ever of updating my ipad2 to IOS 6.
    until they release a jailbreak for it

Altho, tbh, not sure I would wanna upgrade to ios 6 after this. Prolly wait a few months yet...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    until they release a jailbreak for it

Altho, tbh, not sure I would wanna upgrade to ios 6 after this. Prolly wait a few months yet...
    to be honest mate i only jailbroke this ipad around 2 months ago. dont get me wrong i'm not saying it's crap as it does what it does well enough. but i only use it for reading books, listening to music and a bit of surfing. in fact 9 times out of 10 i leave it in my laptop bag and use my GS3 instead.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Unlike Phoenix, I pretty well use my jailbroken IPAD 2 for everything from controlling my Sly box, watching the sport from my ET9200 when the other box is in use, to reading the paper and news..... but I have absolutely no need for IOS 6, it doesn't offer anything additional and I am not prepared to waste time upgrading, jaibreaking (when I can) and then adding all the extra's back in.... without the text cursor control feature on Cydia plus Quasar I would be lost.