Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 19 of 123 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: UKCvS AutoBouquets E2 by LraiZer BETA.

Title
    Thanks
    Did that but box freezes and had to do a fresh install

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Did you check to make sure the permission were sat at 755?

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LraiZer View Post
    new:
    auto lamedb service updating,
    add official channel numbers,
    FTA bouquet,
    irish and english services are now meged to aviod ugly none regional manual code hacks.
    english region now gain RTE, RTE2 HD, Setanta..etc.
    irish region now gain various ITV BBC variations.
    Installed this version. Just to report my constructive feedback. The HD Rep of Ireland version now gains the BBC, ITV CH5 etc as stated.
    I also tried the London HD region, but this does not retain RTE1 RTE2HD, tv3 3e and tg4
    No FTA bouquet in either region versions.

Maybe I have done something incorrect.

If not:

I guess the uk regions do not retain Irish tv as there is already TV channels on position 101-105 on uk epg.(This is also evident in Irish epg version. BBC3 is not beside bbc4 on epg as on Irish epg has RTE2 is on this epg position. Same with More4+1) Can i suggest that if this is the case that you lift the RTE and TG4 channels from the Northern Ireland Hd/SD epg for UK regions as RTE and TG4 are in different epg positions that are not used in other uk regions.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Apologies LraiZer , Cannot edit my previous post. But i have found my error. When I ran the first scan for Rep of Ireland area it worked as stated. But crashed. When I tried London scan what I hadnt noticed is after crash the plugin reverted to 21st Aug version.

Have run London region with 12th Sept plugin and all runs correctly. Putting RTE and TG4 in Northern Ireland epg positions. The FTA/FTV Bouquet is also a nice edition.

Thank You.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to givecredit For This Useful Post:

LraiZer (12-09-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by givecredit View Post
    Apologies LraiZer , Cannot edit my previous post. But i have found my error. When I ran the first scan for Rep of Ireland area it worked as stated. But crashed. When I tried London scan what I hadnt noticed is after crash the plugin reverted to 21st Aug version.

Have run London region with 12th Sept plugin and all runs correctly. Putting RTE and TG4 in Northern Ireland epg positions. The FTA/FTV Bouquet is also a nice edition.

Thank You.
    i had already started writing your reply, so will post this anyway just to confirm a few things.

if you do not have the new Freeview bouquet then you have not started with a clean bouquet set that contains no previously generated bouquets in it.
    if you are not using a clean bouquet set, then you first need to delete all the previously generated bouquets from your current bouquet set so that it is detected as a virgin install and ALL bouquets are generated again.

why do you want the rte positions to overwrite 1,2,3,4,5 when you select London region?
    the script IS merging with N.I not ROI for this exact reason.
    have just tested LondonHD and it works fine for me.
    RTE One gets placed in the previous empty LondonHD position 161?
    RTE TWO HD gets placed in the previous empty LondonHD position 162?
    Last edited by LraiZer; 12-09-12 at 23:47.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

givecredit (12-09-12),judge (13-09-12),Larry-G (12-09-12),mcquaim (12-09-12),wiz569 (13-09-12)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,963 Times in 3,279 Posts
    only transponder changes in lamedb now requires a service scan.
    general movement of channels added/removed from existing transponders is taken care of by auto updating the services in lamedb.
    Is it possible to compare the transponders in lamedb with transponders in the NIT? That way you could limit the service scan to just scan the very few new or modified transponders. Or even better find a way so no service scan is necessary, like write the NIT directly to lamedb.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Rob van der Does (13-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Managed to get it to work eventually but a few gripes:

1) Quite slow but understandable as no vix modifications.
    2) The 100 placeholders for the Sky UK Bouquet shouldn't be any HD channels as when, for example, I press 405 for Sky Sports HD and then press up or down, the list comes up with the Sky Sports HD in the first 100 placeholders and not the channel number 405. The problem with this is that I can't view other channels like 406, 408, 421 etc as they are not there. Same for BBC 1, 101 goes to the placeholder when I press up or down.
    3) No MUTV in London HD region, channel number 406 and perhaps more missing channels I haven't checked.
    4) Dating channels such as G*y Network should also be removed from Sky UK Bouquet to keep it child friendly.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Further observations.

Freeview Bouquet missing the following channels: Channel 5HD, Liverpool FC tv, VIVA.
    mtv live needs to be removed from freeview epg.

Edit: Just noticed post above mine. I too have London HD region selected, But I have MUTV!
    Last edited by givecredit; 13-09-12 at 00:16.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Is it possible to compare the transponders in lamedb with transponders in the NIT? That way you could limit the service scan to just scan the very few new or modified transponders. Or even better find a way so no service scan is necessary, like write the NIT directly to lamedb.
    yes, we can compare transponders in lamedb with NIT. i will be looking at possibility to see if we can update these also soon.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

bassethound (13-09-12),judge (13-09-12),Larry-G (13-09-12),Mr. Mister (13-09-12),Rob van der Does (13-09-12),wiz569 (13-09-12)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    yes, we can compare transponders in lamedb with NIT
    Ok, could you write the missing transponders into lamedb directly with the information gathered from the NIT or would new or modified transponders still need to be scanned?

BTW, this is kind of how the Vix blindscan plugin works. One of the options is to only scan transponders that are not in satellites.xml... but in your case transponders that are not in lamedb.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

bassethound (13-09-12),Larry-G (13-09-12),Mr. Mister (13-09-12),Rob van der Does (13-09-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    if all works out ok on my todo list notes, then no scanning would be needed for any NIT transonders.

TODO LIST:
    first look to see if we are able to check transponders in NIT against transponders found in lamedb. if transponder in NIT is not already in lamedb then check to see if we have all info required to be able to write directly to lamedb. there should be no need to scan any transponders we find in NIT that we write directly to lamedb as we get our channels from BAT. we need to check all tsid found in BAT against those found in NIT to see if we have a full set of transponders for the services we get from BAT.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

bassethound (13-09-12),Huevos (14-09-12),judge (13-09-12),Larry-G (13-09-12),mcquaim (13-09-12),Rob van der Does (13-09-12),Sicilian (13-09-12),twol (13-09-12),wiz569 (14-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    @LraiZer

Another problem for at least me and some others is the way you add Hd channels in the place of sd channels...
    for instance 106 Sky1 you have this as Sky1 Hd i think its mutch better to keep all chanels in original sky epg place...

Starred Wolf Nu
    Funny cos I prefer the HD swap
    Can't please everyone I guess

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie-warez View Post
    for instance 106 Sky1 you have this as Sky1 Hd i think its mutch better to keep all chanels in original sky epg place...
    That's correct behaviour for HD swap. 106 on a Sky HD receiver is Sky One HD.

If you don't want it that way change your region to SD.

Title
    Thanks
    Find hd swap perfect but just a shame that bbc one, itv and channel 4 are in sd in beginning of entertainment bouquet when there are the hd versions but are scattered further down the channel list. Other than this everything is perfect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Page 19 of 123 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast