Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: KingOfSat

KingOfSat

Hello,

Since I like I update my own channels for 28.2 I visit KOS everyday to check latest news, etc.. I'm trying to get 28.2 news as an RSS feed so I can leave it on my desktop and not have to visit the site everyday. I've seen you can get an RSS feed but that includes every single satellite.

I've looked round the site but can't see any option for 28.2 news only. I know this is probably a weird place to ask but I couldn't think of anywhere else.

If anyone knows how or can provide me the link I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm also a daily look upper of the KOS 28e satellite channel news and never thought to subcribe to their feed service, so thanks for the idea!!!
    Ive just come on to the KOS news updates and did this:
    Went to the 28e update page - clicked the orange rss feed icon to the right of "news" located upper right of page (blue background) - waited a few secs then the feed appeared in a new window. I notice that each satellite can only be selected one at a time from a box to the right of this page, so it seems that 28e updates as a whole cannot be shown, just updates from individual satellites.
    This is as far as I have got....hope it helps.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    To be honest i used to subscribe to the RSS feeds and found them very hit and miss, IE some days they just never came through to me via my Thunderbird client. so now i just leave a tab open in my browser for KOS all the time so i can quickly check as and when i feel the need.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Just opened my windows live mail (what was outlook express) and I see a new message - 65 unread rss feeds. Theres a new rss feed indicator there that contains all the lastest channel updates but I only requested 28e updates so am overwhealmed by data I don't need! Anyway, it appears that these feeds dont appear directly on the deaktop as you (123456780) would have wished - I agree with Phoenix that they seem hit & miss , messy in the way they come in (much better if it could be satellite/updates rather than all satellites with all updates - takes time to sort through) - I'll return to clicking in to KOS on a daily basis and reading the FTA updates, at least I can come directly to 28e when shown.